Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO sensor values in Games

RE: Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO32 sensor values in Games

kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:
"Sensors-only" and "Summary-only" settings are kept in the INI file.

Ok. Any comment on the RTSS show own statistics setting?

This is a RTSS setting, not HWiNFO. If enabled it shows own stats like FPS counter in OSD.

Martin said:
kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:
"Sensors-only" and "Summary-only" settings are kept in the INI file.

Ok. Any comment on the RTSS show own statistics setting?

This is a RTSS setting, not HWiNFO. If enabled it shows own stats like FPS counter in OSD.

I get that but I was asking about its compatibility with your program. What if it is enabled and then you still display the RTSS monitor in HWiNFO? Wouldn't they conflict with each other?

No, they won't conflict.

Ok. Have you tried using Ctrl- for the hotkey and see if it is also problematic?

kevindd992002 said:
Ok. Have you tried using Ctrl- for the hotkey and see if it is also problematic?

Ctrl works for me, is it possible that your combination was already assigned to another action ?

FYI - v5.53-3190 Beta just released should fix the hot key combinations and also adds support of new RTSS features like custom colors (RTSS v2.11 or later) and graphs (RTSS v2.12 or later).

Martin said:
kevindd992002 said:

Ctrl works for me, is it possible that your combination was already assigned to another action ?

Hmm, that's a possibility. I can try other combinations and report back.

Martin said:
FYI - v5.53-3190 Beta just released should fix the hot key combinations and also adds support of new RTSS features like custom colors (RTSS v2.11 or later) and graphs (RTSS v2.12 or later).

Are those RTSS versions recent? The one I have now is 7.0 Beta 19 and that version is far from 2.12.

And by the way, what do we lose if we don't install the HWiNFO driver? Why isn't it being installed by default in the first place?

Martin said:
Sorry, what I mentioned are RTSS internal structure versions.
So for custom colors you need RTSS 7.0.0 and for graphs you need RTSS 7.0.0 beta 24 (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5444744&postcount=474)
I will update this in release notes.

Ok. With the portable BETA, when I choose Auto startup it does create a scheduled task but still references the executable file to the default "install" folder of C:\Program Files\hwinfo64\ . Is this normal behavior? Why doesn't it create a scheduled task that points to wherever the exe is placed if it is portable?

Hey Martin, i use Hwinfo to add disk read/write activity monitoring to RTSS in game. My problem than Hwinfo digits dont keep fixed, it create new digit space when reader increase from 1 digit to 2 digit, and that keep causing the layout OSD from RTSS to change position in horizontal space. Is there a way to keep the total digit spaces alignned to avoid this motion in OSD?

The size of MB/s is too big too in OSD, can Hwinfo text be changed to small text like new RTSS mhz, mb, °c etc?

chumanga said:
Hey Martin, i use Hwinfo to add disk read/write activity monitoring to RTSS in game. My problem than Hwinfo digits dont keep fixed, it create new digit space when reader increase from 1 digit to 2 digit, and that keep causing the layout OSD from RTSS to change position in horizontal space. Is there a way to keep the total digit spaces alignned to avoid this motion in OSD?

The size of MB/s is too big too in OSD, can Hwinfo text be changed to small text like new RTSS mhz, mb, °c etc?

Yes, use the "Align number" option.

Martin said:
chumanga said:

It dont work, take a look: https://youtu.be/vwVzzCaOFSQ

kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:
So for custom colors you need RTSS 7.0.0 and for graphs you need RTSS 7.0.0 beta 24 (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5444744&postcount=474)

Ok. With the portable BETA, when I choose Auto startup it does create a scheduled task but still references the executable file to the default "install" folder of C:\Program Files\hwinfo64\ . Is this normal behavior? Why doesn't it create a scheduled task that points to wherever the exe is placed if it is portable?

Bump!

kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:

This might be a remain of the setting done by the installer version. Try to disable Auto-start, click OK and then enable it again with the portable version.

Martin said:
kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:

This might be a remain of the setting done by the installer version. Try to disable Auto-start, click OK and then enable it again with the portable version.

Ok. I manually changed the path of the scheduled task but I'll see if I can test this more. The portable version is designed to change the path accordingly, right?

chumanga said:
Martin said:
chumanga said:

It dont work, take a look: https://youtu.be/vwVzzCaOFSQ

I will improve the alignment setting in the next build, so you will be able to precisely specify the number of digits to align.

kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:
kevindd992002 said:
Martin said:

Ok. I manually changed the path of the scheduled task but I'll see if I can test this more. The portable version is designed to change the path accordingly, right?

Each version portable or not should put the correct actual path into the scheduled task.

Martin said:
I will improve the alignment setting in the next build, so you will be able to precisely specify the number of digits to align.

Martin like i asked before, can you provide smaller text for MB/s like new RTSS does for mhz, °C etc. That woulde help to save space for numbers.

Another "issue" to ask. With AB 4.3.0+RTSS6.6.0 HWinfo OSD works properly but with newest Beta it keep causing HWinfo OSD to disappear sometimes. Unwinder says there is no problem in new RTSS, so can be HWinfo causing the issue with newest RTSS?

I have no clue anymore of the cause. Firstly i thought it was refresh period from RTSS causing issue, because the lower i marked looked like more frequently HWinfo OSD blinked, but i dont know if it's correctly.

It disappear for a single frame then comeback, take variable time to happen. After 3 seconds or even 1 minute. If you need i can upload a video to show.

Back