Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO sensor values in Games

ycodryn

RE: Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO32 sensor values in Games

In HWinfo at RTSS fps tabs, after exiting a 3d application, current value is not resetting to 0 as it should. Many times remains at 88, 92 fps but nothing is running at those fps. Double checked and in aida it shows 0.

Astrix_au

Anyone able to use HWINFO64 Beta v5.59-3270 and RTSS 7.0.0 Beta30 for overlay and not get stutters every few seconds in 3D rendering.

MSI afterburner and RTSS works fine but HWINFO64 stutters firestrike and whatever is running. It freezes every time the info is updated for a second every few seconds.

Anyone else got their Vega 64 to work with HWINFO64 and RTSS. I can't work out what is going on here.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member

Astrix_au said:
Anyone able to use HWINFO64 Beta v5.59-3270 and RTSS 7.0.0 Beta30 for overlay and not get stutters every few seconds in 3D rendering.

MSI afterburner and RTSS works fine but HWINFO64 stutters firestrike and whatever is running. It freezes every time the info is updated for a second every few seconds.

Anyone else got their Vega 64 to work with HWINFO64 and RTSS. I can't work out what is going on here.
Those stutters might be due to reading some sensors. Exact details depend on the system used, but usually these are EC or SMART sensors.
Try to disable monitoring of those sensors in HWiNFO by hitting the Del key over the sensor heading and see if that helps.
For Vega I also suggest to disable the additional GPU (VRM) sensors, their readout can cause some lags.

Astrix_au

I tried that already, disabled it in the settings and all HD sensors, it's still happening.

Astrix_au

Martin said:
Astrix_au said:

Those stutters might be due to reading some sensors. Exact details depend on the system used, but usually these are EC or SMART sensors.
Try to disable monitoring of those sensors in HWiNFO by hitting the Del key over the sensor heading and see if that helps.
For Vega I also suggest to disable the additional GPU (VRM) sensors, their readout can cause some lags.
Yes turns out it was the RX Vega GPU VRM Voltage. GPU [#0]: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling: uPI uP6266.

Thanks for fixing that for me!

saq

Is there any way to get some of the HWINFO sensor data into the afterburner remote server? The afterburner remote server uses shared memory to pull data from the monitoring section of afterburner and display the data it has in XML format. I have a collectd script that runs and pulls down all of the data into graphite which I think visualize with grafana. It's super slick and I would love to get some of the richer sensor data that hwinfo has.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member

Latest versions of MSI Afterburner can also pull data from HWiNFO using a dedicated plugin which is shipped with AB. But I'm not sure if this is only for OSD/RTSS.
For further details I suggest to check on their forums.

saq

This works beautifully! The documentation is crap but I more or less figured it out. Now I just need Afterburner Remote Server to support more monitors at once. It breaks when you hit ~42.

saq

Funny enough, the person who made the Afterburner Remote Server to enable the colleciton I do is stangowner, creator of HWiNFOMONITOR and the rainmeter plugin.

chumanga

Martin can you add custom label for sensors? For example in Hard disk cases i cannot put drive title label, only "read rate", "write rate", so i need to change this labels to drive name to distinguish drives in OSD. If you can add some custom label name inside "show label in OSD" would be nice or if we can use drive title for label and edit its name.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member

Why don't you put the custom name into the label? You can rename any sensor item in HWiNFO and this will then be also put into OSD.

HLB

Martin, I'm having a annoying problem with crysis 3, whenever I try to start the game the screen hangs with black image, I discovered here in the forum that putting crysis 3 in custom mode direct3d support in RTSS it works, in fact, but if you try to minimize the game it fails, if I quit the game normally and replay it fails, I always need to close hwinfo and rtss open again and re-run crysis 3, some more effective solution?

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member

Are you sure this is an issues of HWiNFO and not RTSS?

HLB

Not sure, just like to solve the problem somehow, have any suggestions?

HLB

Ok I discovered the problem, it really is not problem in hwinfo, I cleared the option to show in the shadow display in rtss and solved the problem, sorry.