Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO sensor values in Games

RE: Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO32 sensor values in Games

In HWinfo at RTSS fps tabs, after exiting a 3d application, current value is not resetting to 0 as it should. Many times remains at 88, 92 fps but nothing is running at those fps. Double checked and in aida it shows 0.

Anyone able to use HWINFO64 Beta v5.59-3270 and RTSS 7.0.0 Beta30 for overlay and not get stutters every few seconds in 3D rendering.

MSI afterburner and RTSS works fine but HWINFO64 stutters firestrike and whatever is running. It freezes every time the info is updated for a second every few seconds.

Anyone else got their Vega 64 to work with HWINFO64 and RTSS. I can't work out what is going on here.

Astrix_au said:
Anyone able to use HWINFO64 Beta v5.59-3270 and RTSS 7.0.0 Beta30 for overlay and not get stutters every few seconds in 3D rendering.

MSI afterburner and RTSS works fine but HWINFO64 stutters firestrike and whatever is running. It freezes every time the info is updated for a second every few seconds.

Anyone else got their Vega 64 to work with HWINFO64 and RTSS. I can't work out what is going on here.

Those stutters might be due to reading some sensors. Exact details depend on the system used, but usually these are EC or SMART sensors.
Try to disable monitoring of those sensors in HWiNFO by hitting the Del key over the sensor heading and see if that helps.
For Vega I also suggest to disable the additional GPU (VRM) sensors, their readout can cause some lags.

I tried that already, disabled it in the settings and all HD sensors, it's still happening.

Martin said:
Astrix_au said:

Those stutters might be due to reading some sensors. Exact details depend on the system used, but usually these are EC or SMART sensors.
Try to disable monitoring of those sensors in HWiNFO by hitting the Del key over the sensor heading and see if that helps.
For Vega I also suggest to disable the additional GPU (VRM) sensors, their readout can cause some lags.

Yes turns out it was the RX Vega GPU VRM Voltage. GPU [#0]: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling: uPI uP6266.

Thanks for fixing that for me!

Is there any way to get some of the HWINFO sensor data into the afterburner remote server? The afterburner remote server uses shared memory to pull data from the monitoring section of afterburner and display the data it has in XML format. I have a collectd script that runs and pulls down all of the data into graphite which I think visualize with grafana. It's super slick and I would love to get some of the richer sensor data that hwinfo has.

Latest versions of MSI Afterburner can also pull data from HWiNFO using a dedicated plugin which is shipped with AB. But I'm not sure if this is only for OSD/RTSS.
For further details I suggest to check on their forums.

This works beautifully! The documentation is crap but I more or less figured it out. Now I just need Afterburner Remote Server to support more monitors at once. It breaks when you hit ~42.

Funny enough, the person who made the Afterburner Remote Server to enable the colleciton I do is stangowner, creator of HWiNFOMONITOR and the rainmeter plugin.

Martin can you add custom label for sensors? For example in Hard disk cases i cannot put drive title label, only "read rate", "write rate", so i need to change this labels to drive name to distinguish drives in OSD. If you can add some custom label name inside "show label in OSD" would be nice or if we can use drive title for label and edit its name.

Why don't you put the custom name into the label? You can rename any sensor item in HWiNFO and this will then be also put into OSD.

Martin, I'm having a annoying problem with crysis 3, whenever I try to start the game the screen hangs with black image, I discovered here in the forum that putting crysis 3 in custom mode direct3d support in RTSS it works, in fact, but if you try to minimize the game it fails, if I quit the game normally and replay it fails, I always need to close hwinfo and rtss open again and re-run crysis 3, some more effective solution?

Are you sure this is an issues of HWiNFO and not RTSS?

Not sure, just like to solve the problem somehow, have any suggestions?

Ok I discovered the problem, it really is not problem in hwinfo, I cleared the option to show in the shadow display in rtss and solved the problem, sorry.

A couple of months ago I started using HWiNFO plugin for Afterburner to monitor my CPU and GPU Voltages, I remember that voltages below 1V, were showing as 1V on Afterburner, so I spent a couple of hours figuring out what was, and to solve it I copied the Instance or format (I don't remember which one was) from one of the defaults data sources that had sub 1 (Insert Unit that I also don't remember) from Plugin data source properties.

Today, I nuked Msi Afterburner files, (because I was having issues with the graphics driver and if I opened Afterburner my GPU would go to idle Voltages and Clocks but all of that is off topic to this xDD, either way I resolved it by nuking Afterburner) and when setting everything back up I deleted all the defaults data sources that the Plugin has, so I tried what I did before, but everything was a dead end. The only thing that I remember, is that the thing that makes the number to go below 1 was ".2%" or something like that and you have to put that in (one of the things that are Inside the red circle of the attached image) screensht.png
Edit: Clarify that with sub 1, I mean decimals xDDD.

Update: I found it in Reddit, i'm going to copy if it's useful to anyone; Try: "%.2f" You have ".0" which specifies zero decimal places. ".2" specifies two decimal places of precision.
btw it goes in format

Last edited:
Hi Martin, I have recently upgraded to a 2080ti ftw3 and I have a few questions regarding using precision x1.

1) Can HWinfo show stats in precision x1 OSD?
2) If not can I run precision x1 along with HWinfo + Afterburner to monitor my stats?

Thanks

Hi Martin, I have recently upgraded to a 2080ti ftw3 and I have a few questions regarding using precision x1.

1) Can HWinfo show stats in precision x1 OSD?
2) If not can I run precision x1 along with HWinfo + Afterburner to monitor my stats?

Thanks

1. No, it can't. Only RTSS OSD is currently supported.
2. I'm not aware of any issues when running with both.

Hi, is it correct that HWiNFO can't get "benchmark mode" data (0.1% low fps for example) from RTSS the same way it's getting current fps? Does Afterburner get special treatment in this case? I would love to see low 0.1% fps/frametime in games without having to install and run Afterburner. RTSS 7.3.0 and its overlay editor worked perfectly, you can import HWiNFO data and create more advanced layouts than what HWiNFO can display via RTSS. However, when I tried it with other games besides unigine heaven, it wouldn't show at all. Not with custom overlay, neither via HWiNFO. I guess they trust older RTSS but don't recognize the new version yet and prevent it from hooking? Could that be the case? I tried CSGO and Warzone I think. Reinstalling 7.2.3 made it show up again

I'm not aware of such issue, can you please describe in more detail what it means and what's the behavior?
HWiNFO shows frame data as exported by RTSS, but it's possible that it might need some update introduced in later versions of RTSS.
BTW, if you have an AMD Vega or Navi GPU, you can use the latest HWiNFO Beta version (6.35) to display FPS counter as calculated internally by the GPU.

Back