Temp 9 question

pcfan2341

Hello today I noticed that my motherboard had a value called temp 9 and on idle it was extremely High like 72c after playing an hour of gta v it went down to 57c my motherboard is an ASUS Prime B560M-A AC

From my understanding and by noticing a lot of ASUS board users (on both major platforms, Intel/AMD) having similar readings, the most common possibilities for this is:

1. The value is faulty/invalid
or...
2. The value is a distance temp of some kind of threshold.

Do you have a CPU Tj max (distance) temp? If yes, is it similar to this?

I wouldn't worry much about it anyway...

From my understanding and by noticing a lot of ASUS board users (on both major platforms, Intel/AMD) having similar readings, the most common possibilities for this is:

1. The value is faulty/invalid
or...
2. The value is a distance temp of some kind of threshold.

Do you have a CPU Tj max (distance) temp? If yes, is it similar to this?

I wouldn't worry much about it anyway...
Yes I have a tjmax distance and it is similar to that but I don't think it is because under load my cpu was 37c away from tjmax so I guess it is just an error. But on idle my cou is 69c away from tjmax

Last edited:
Yes it could be an error or it could be another Tj max distance of some other part of the CPU. Other than the actual cores I mean. Thats why on idle its similar to cores Tj max and under load its different.
Of course this is just a thought.
Even if we accept that its a valid (Tj distance) sensor, its very difficult to determine what it is, when we do not have the actual temp of the corresponding component and its Tj max threshold.
Maybe ASUS can answer that. Did you search the web for any other users of ASUS Prime B560M-A AC having same reading, or know what it is?

Last edited:
I'd like to add something to this. Everyone keeps calling this a faulty reading for HWinfo. However, not using HWinfo, and setting the ASUS aura to 'temperature' light settings, the VRMs of the motherboard light up Hot Red on boot up. I'm using an ASUS Rog Strix B-550 F Gaming Wifi. I'm not to sure saying its a faulty reading is incorrect. The TEMPIN4 & TEMPIN9 readings on my board show 96 degrees on startup.

Back