Temp9 no longer reading

tommybot

ok back story.

been using HWinfo for a good while never once updated. (couple years so no clue what version i was on.

couple months back i bought an external temp sensors that just plugs into my ASUS rog crosshair VIII hero (wifi) mobo temp sensor spot. and it pops up on the mobo section as temp9 worked great.

recently for other trouble shooting. i reset my pc. clean. reinstalled everything so i was on 7.6 and now 7.7 and the temp sensor reads 50(degree symbol)C and nothing more nothing less.

the bios still sees the sensor and reads actual temps. in bios it was sitting at 21C i hold the sensor it immediately bumps up the the 30's

i've turned off computer, unplugged sensor, reboot, off plug in.

reinstalled 7.70

other than just digging up a really old version of HWinfo any other trouble shooting suggestions?

Hmm, it's quite unlikely that the external temperature sensor would appear as Temp9. It should be rather called "T_Sensor" under the ASUS EC sensor.
Can you post a screenshot?

You are a Genius! My ASUS EC: ASUS was disabled(all of it) well no clue how that happened but thank you very much! T_Sensor is in there and can confirm correct room temperature!

Thank you very much.

Back