Tooltips stopped working

blackice

I'm not sure when my issue started but tooltips have not been working in at least the latest final build for me. The tooltips used to work fine. I tried resetting the settings. Then I tried disabling and re-enabling tooltips. That didn't work. So I deleted the registry keys associated with HWINFO64 and that didn't fix it. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and this also did not fix it. Next I uninstalled F-Secure antivirus and tried all steps again with no luck. Tooltips work in all other programs in Windows, so I am not sure why I am unable to get them to work. Other than the registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER-Software-HWiNFO64 and the .ini file in the HWINFO64 folder is there another place I am missing settings that might be causing tooltips to not work?

The only settings that's important here is that "Show ToolTips" is enabled in sensor settings.

Okay. Thank you. I did also try sfc scan and repair commands which did not help either. It's not a deal breaker. My next step would be reinstall windows, and that's a big step for a minor issue. I can live with it for now. Thanks for the great program!

Same here. One of the two previous updates (before v8.00) seem to have broken tooltips. Doubled checked settings, and it's definitely enabled, but no dice.

I was going to downgrade so I could tell you the version that it went down, but I just realized older versions aren't made available. easy enough to figure out on your end though, I'm sure, @Martin

Back