Trigger only once alarm

GTMoraes

Hey,

I'm trying to make a simple alarm setup to work together with another program. It monitors one value to run a keystroke script and other value to run another keystroke script.
However, when the first alarm is triggered and stays at the alarm value, it keeps launching the keystroke script over and over, and if I set an interval long enough, it'll cause a reasonable delay when it genuinely needs to run the script again.
Same thing with the second value.

Could there be a radio button for "trigger alarm only once, when criteria is met"?

I was thinking in something like this:
- alarm for >=75°C (example)
- below 75°C does nothing
- at 75°C or higher, it triggers the alarm once.
- if it goes below 75°C, it does nothing
- when it reaches 75°C or higher again, it runs the alarm once, no delays.

Thanks

HWiNFO does trigger the alarm again only if the value crossed the threshold and by setting up a sufficient long delay you should be able to achieve what you need.

Martin said:
HWiNFO does trigger the alarm again only if the value crossed the threshold and by setting up a sufficient long delay you should be able to achieve what you need.
[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]
That's the thing, the threshold needs to be extremely long so HWiNFO won't be running the script unnecessarily, and a long delay won't cut for what I was trying to do.[/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]To be specific, I was trying to do an alarm that triggered a keypress on AHK, that in turn changed the processor profile in ThrottleStop.[/font]
[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]Whenever I opened a game, HWiNFO would monitor the FPS (on RTSS), and if it were above 15FPS, it would run the script to change the ThrottleStop profile to Game mode.[/font]
[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]When I closed the game, HWiNFO would monitor the GPU temperature, and if it were below 1°C (Temperature is 0°C when it's off), it would run the script to use the normal performance profile[/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]This specific setup is necessary to allow Game mode to correctly run when a game is running, and not when I'm converting videos, that uses the GPU too. FPS isn't registered when converting videos/using CUDA, so this would be ideal[/font]

Using delays, say 60 seconds on Normal script, it would keep running the Normal profile script indefinitely while I'm not gaming, every minute
Using a 600 seconds delay would cause my laptop to overheat because I could've opened a game within that 10 minute window, and this laptop can't run games at max performance.

I see, thanks for the explanation.
I will add such an option in the next (Beta) build.

Back