Two cpu temps are shown in sensors

ckbeme

What is the difference in the CPU temp that is listed under the CPU heading vs the temp listed for CPU under the MOBO?

Screen shot attached.

FYI, my previous post - I finally figured it out. (How to get the main screen to display)

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• CPU -  2 diff temps.jpg
    CPU - 2 diff temps.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 7
For these AMD CPUs the temperature under the CPU node is the Tctl value, which might not represent the true internal CPU temperature.
The value under the mainboard heading is either the internal Tctl plus a specific offset to compensate, or the CPU socket temperature.
I'm sorry, but AMD doesn't give us more information and determining the true CPU temperature for these CPUs is often not possible.

Martin said:
For these AMD CPUs the temperature under the CPU node is the Tctl value, which might not represent the true internal CPU temperature.
The value under the mainboard heading is either the internal Tctl plus a specific offset to compensate, or the CPU socket temperature.
I'm sorry, but AMD doesn't give us more information and determining the true CPU temperature for these CPUs is often not possible.

Hmmmm,

So if I ran it on my laptop, which has an Intel I-5 5200U in it, I would see no CPU temp under the mobo?  I hadn't put it on my laptop, I'm using some other program that Dell had preinstalled. But now I'm anxious to install hwinfo64 on my laptop.

Thanks again Martin

ttyl

That laptop has certainly different sensors implemented. If it's a DELL one, you might see some mainboard sensors, but most probably the CPU value you will see there will match the internal CPU temperature. Hard to say without knowing further details and trying it there. There's no reason to be anxious to install it there.

Back