Understanding Nvidia GPU Power Sensor readings

Shinaolord

Could anyone explain to me what the plethora of power sensors an Nvidia GPU mean? I can't find any information anywhere explaining what they are. Specifically, I'm trying to understand the following
GPU Core (NVVDD) Input Power (sum)
GPU SRAM Input Power (sum)
GPU Core (NVVDD2) Input Power (sum)
GPU HV0 Input Power

Any insights into what each of these mean in terms of what's going on with the GPU would be much appreciated!

"Input" values are the power consumed on the input side of the VRM. "(sum)" means this value is not measured in full, but a result of multiple rails summed up. The other names denote the specific voltage rail.

Ah sorry, I was not clear on what I specifically meant. I understand the sum is an estimated summation of the various values to approximate the overall power value. What I meant to ask is what is NVVDD vs NVVDD2 vs HV0? And isn't the SRAM power technically the GDDR RAM, or is that actually the SRAM on the die?

Thank you for the reply though!

NVVDD relates to the GPU core voltage rail. I don't know what is HV0, most of the power telemetry comes form internal proprietary NVIDIA functions and NVIDIA doesn't provide any details about this.

Ah okay. I couldn't find any info about what it was, so figured it couldn't hurt to ask. AMD's sensor readings seem to be much more transparent in my experience, lol.

NVVDD relates to the GPU core voltage rail. I don't know what is HV0, most of the power telemetry comes form internal proprietary NVIDIA functions and NVIDIA doesn't provide any details about this.
Ah sorry, I was not clear on what I specifically meant. I understand the sum is an estimated summation of the various values to approximate the overall power value. What I meant to ask is what is NVVDD vs NVVDD2 vs HV0? And isn't the SRAM power technically the GDDR RAM, or is that actually the SRAM on the die?

Thank you for the reply though!

NVVDD2 input power (sum) is GPU Chip Power + SRAM input power.
GPU Chip Power is the very top "GPU Core NVVDD input power sum" right below Total board power.
GPU Chip Power, at least on 2x8 pin cards, is Misc0 + Misc2 + NVVDD1 input power (sum)
I am unsure what the sum is on 3x8 pin cards.

Back