USB Drives Disappearing after Update of Windows 11 or AMD Adrenaline

cccleaner

Dear Martin, Dear all

Since I updated my Windows 11 system with latest Windows Updates and AMD Adrenaline on 4APR24 after every system startup my USB Connected Drives disappear as soon as the HWINFO Client starts.

1712302735696.png

I tried to downgrade to HWINFO 7.72 and 7.70 as I first thought its about version 8.00.. but the error still happens.
So I assume an issue with latest Windows Update or latest AMD Adrenaline Drivers. As this was the very latest change I did on the system.. No Hardware changes. I just wanted to update all software again as I do this regularly every month.
I also tried the latest HWINFO Beta but no success.
I attach the DBG from the latest beta version.
I know based on Forum Threads here that this might be a known issue. But I do not have an ASM Storage controller. I have an AMD based mini computer and 10 Disks connected via USB Hub (via SATA to USB Adapter) to it (CHIA Farm). So I use the USB Connection.
Would be so cool If you find the issue. I use HWINFO to keep my disks permanently running for the CHIA Farm. Or what is the workaround for this problem.

Greetings!

S

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
It's probably both + addition of JMicron USB-NVMe support in HWiNFO.
Seems the Windows update changed something in USB-SATA drivers that now requires a bit different handling in HWiNFO.

Back