v7.15, Build 4640 Completely messes up custom sensors

geneo

As per title. If I install the beta executables, none of my custom sensors work. If I restore the 7.15-4625 executables they work properly again.

Build 4640 included big internal changes in preparation for UNICODE support, so some issues are possible. I'm checking this problem now...

May I ask what you mean by custom sensors? Do you mean just things like setting a color and thresholds for Red color, units, etc. I am running v7.15-4640 beta and have not noticed any issues.

May I ask what you mean by custom sensors? Do you mean just things like setting a color and thresholds for Red color, units, etc. I am running v7.15-4640 beta and have not noticed any issues.

No. There are physical sensors and derived custom sensors. Custom sensors can be created in the windows registry as new sensors that are mathematical manipulations of physical sensors or other custom sensors. You can do simple operations of addition, subtraction, division and MIN and MAX on a set of sensors.

No. There are physical sensors and derived custom sensors. Custom sensors can be created in the windows registry as new sensors that are mathematical manipulations of physical sensors or other custom sensors. You can do simple operations of addition, subtraction, division and MIN and MAX on a set of sensors.

Ah OK. Thanks for clarifying that. I recall reading about this but have never tried to set one up. Is this something that you set up in HWINFO or are you doing it outside of the program? Just curious.

You set it up in the Windows registry. For example, here are some of my custom sensors:

Screenshot 2021-12-17 202335.png

The Ambient In is the average of two temperature probes at my intake. The Average core temperature is "instantaneous" average across all cores. The registry entries are:

Screenshot 2021-12-17 205329.png
Screenshot 2021-12-17 205422.png

Ah I see. So the math operations happen in the registry, and the result can be displayed in HWINFO like any other sensor. I am going to try this. Aquasuite has a lot of built in math and logic functions that can be performed on sensor data in all sorts of interesting ways. I never thought about doing it this way. I want to know what math / statistical / logic functions are supported in the Value line. I'm going to read up at bit on editing the registry in this way and see what trouble I can get myself into. Thanks for sharing this.

Ah I see. So the math operations happen in the registry, and the result can be displayed in HWINFO like any other sensor. I am going to try this. Aquasuite has a lot of built in math and logic functions that can be performed on sensor data in all sorts of interesting ways. I never thought about doing it this way. I want to know what math / statistical / logic functions are supported in the Value line. I'm going to read up at bit on editing the registry in this way and see what trouble I can get myself into. Thanks for sharing this.

Only the operations I listed.

np

If you do play with it, keep this in mind:

1. The names of the sensors you use in a custom user sensor must be those that are displayed in the HWInfo sensor display. So if you have renamed a sensor you must use its new name.
2. The sensors used in the custom user sensor must be visible, they cannot be hidden.
3. Arithmetic operations flow from left to right, as you can see in my examples for averages.

Wish there were and AVG function for averages that would take the average of all the sensors that are valid.

Last edited:
Only the operations I listed.

np

If you do play with it, keep this in mind:

1. The names of the sensors you use in a custom user sensor must be those that are displayed in the HWInfo sensor display. So if you have renamed a sensor you must use its new name.
2. The sensors used in the custom user sensor must be visible, they cannot be hidden.
3. Arithmetic operations flow from left to right, as you can see in my examples for averages.

Wish there were and AVG function for averages that would take the average of all the sensors that are valid.
Thanks for the tips. I figured the sensor names in the quotes must match the names in HWINFO so it can pull in the values to perform the math operations on. I also was hoping for some statistical functions and maybe some Boolean functions, but maybe am getting carried away. Even with the limited functions available, there are still a lot of possibilities.

I did have one more issue in v7.16.

My MAX DIMM temperature custom sensor wasn't working. Not a bug, but you renamed the DIMM temperatures to include the bank and channel information so they no longer worked.
I just renamed them to the old names and it works fine.

Thanks!

I have a flow meter using a fan input that I previously (715.4625) was able to rename from RPM to mL/M.

I can no longer rename it with 715.4640 or 716.4650.

I have a flow meter using a fan input that I previously (715.4625) was able to rename from RPM to mL/M.

I can no longer rename it with 715.4640 or 716.4650.

I see where the problem is, shall be fixed in the next build.

Back