Vega 64 AIO

the_gas

Hi,

Bug report, latest HWINFO64 Builds. 

If you do not disable VRM monitoring, there are frequency 2 second pauses while gaming which cause nasty stuttering. 

In addition, if you do not disable Core voltage monitoring (which is not reading the correct values) you get pauses while browsing using Chrome.

With "VRM monitoring" do you mean disabling entire GPU I2C Support or just the GPU VRM sensor ?
Also which exact Core voltage monitoring value you need to disable to avoid the second problem ?

Martin said:
With "VRM monitoring" do you mean disabling entire GPU I2C Support or just the GPU VRM sensor ?
Also which exact Core voltage monitoring value you need to disable to avoid the second problem ?

Red must be disabled to stop bad stuttering in game.

Green shows the wrong value, regardless of what voltage settings are used in Wattman. 

4fErDD4.jpg

Thanks. But I'm not exactly sure which one is meant as red and green :)
Does it mean that both "GPU Core Voltage (VDDC)" and "GPU VRM Voltage" values are invalid and the "GPU VRM Voltage" sensor causes stuttering in games ?

Does perhaps the currently reported "GPU Memory Voltage (MVDDC)" match the correct GPU voltage and "GPU Core Voltage (VDDC)" match the memory voltage ? So that they are reported exchanged ?

Martin said:
Does perhaps the currently reported "GPU Memory Voltage (MVDDC)" match the correct GPU voltage and "GPU Core Voltage (VDDC)" match the memory voltage ? So that they are reported exchanged ?

I think you are right, i think they are mixed up.

Thanks, I will fix this in the next build.
Would be also good if you could attach a HWiNFO Debug File in idle and under load.

Please try the new Beta build v5.57-3235 if the GPU voltage, current and power values are properly reported now and let me know the result.

Back