Virtual Memory ... Which one?

PhotM

I am using 2 kinds of virtual memory:
1. the Page File on Hard Disk C.
2. A Extreme Speed Photo 8 GB SD Card in the SD port configured to ReadyBoost. I really like this allot!!!
Which one are you looking at in the Sensors?
Thank You.... ;)

The virtual memory reported by HWiNFO32/64 is the total amount of memory available for allocation/swapping between main memory and disk so I think it's the pagefile what's reported. It should be consistent with information in the Task Manager.
AFAIK, ReadyBoost is a NAND/SSD caching method for frequent disk accesses, not the main memory.

Adding a Physical Memory counter in late version is great, thank you!
A small request regarding this counter: is it possible to change it to report PM Usage instead of Free PM? The thing is that it is inconsistent with other counters, for example we see CPU usage instead of System Idle percentage, etc. I know this is not a real reason for change but maybe other users will support it.

Martin said:
I have no idea what this means, I do very little Short Hand.
Martin said:
ReadyBoost is a NAND/SSD caching method for frequent disk accesses, not the main memory.
I am well aware that ReadyBoost is NOT main memory but is faster than the Hard Disk. It also minimizes the use of the PageFile which is a different form of Cache. I would like to see somebody track it and count it. :(

Okay, I'll think about the change to report physical memory used instead of free.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know ;)

Okay.. so this shall be the new memory report:

[attachment=238]

Is that sufficient now? ;)

Attachments

• mem.PNG
    mem.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
Martin said:
Okay.. so this shall be the new memory report:

Is that sufficient now? ;)

OKAY, Thanks Martin .... I hope sometime in the future you can enumerate ReadyBoost as well but it might be more difficult??? :D

Back