Weird temperature units (Ä°C) since HWiNFO 7.26

Netsuko

Heya!

I know that HWiNFO Monitor is very outdated, however it has been working realtively stable even with recent releases.
I haven't updated HWiNFO for a while now. When I grabbed version 7.26 today, the temperature units started being reported n "Ä°C" see screenshot.
This is true for any temperature value, CPU, GPU, Motherboard etc.

Changing the layout in the plugin does not help.

Any idea what could cause this? It's not breaking the plugin, but it is definitely a little annoying.

hwinfotemps.png

This is because of the localization of HWiNFO64. The HWiNFOMonitor expects a different code-page used by HWiNFO64, which is now Unicode and exporting text strings to other applications according to actual code-page used.
You might try to change the Current language for non-Unicode programs setting in Administrative language settings of Windows. If that won't work, you could try to rename the degree unit character in HWiNFO sensor settings.

Current language change for non-Unicode programs did not work (Went from German to English). I tried to rename the degree unit character in the HWiNFO sensor settings but they do not change outside the sensor window it seems as the gadget did not change, unless I did something wrong. I figure it is correct that I would have to rename the degree unit character for every sensor separately. However, it does only change properly in the Sensors, and even at that, I would have to rename it to something OTHER than °C (like °X) and that would not help. :p
I will try other non-unicode language settings in windows, maybe that helps.

Regardless, I want to say thank you for your quick and precise answers, even regarding such old gadgets like this one from 2014. I really appreciate it!

Problem is that this gadget is really outdated and developed by another person so I don't have source code to update it.
Problem is the "°" character which can have a different encoding in other locales. It's also important which region in Windows is used. Some regions use the ANSI representation while some others (even using the same language) use the UTF-8 representation.
Also make sure to close/restart HWiNFO when you change settings in Windows so it will reflect it.

It's also important which region in Windows is used. Some regions use the ANSI representation while some others (even using the same language) use the UTF-8 representation.

This was it!
I ticked the beta option under the windows non-Unicode programs settings to use UTF-8 encoding for international language support.
Thank you again! :D

Back