What a pitty

wquatan

Great these HWiNFO programs as MSD substitute.

But unfortunatly I'm missing the (for me) most important in the Dos-version :

The possibility to launch with a command-line parameter to report everything to an output text-file

And even handier : a high/low tone before/after generating the report would allow to execute this on a pc without a KVM connected (when there are no problems)

Boot using a WinPE/BartPE type disc or from a USB. Then run the portable version of HWinfo ... DOS has left the building. Personal opinion of course.
:)

pcunite said:
Boot using a WinPE/BartPE type disc or from a USB. Then run the portable version of HWinfo ... DOS has left the building. Personal opinion of course.
:)

Maybe all true, but not what I'm looking for. The HWiNFO for DOS version is there, (and that's very good) because there is still need for it.

No one needs an overkill solution (that might even not work on all machines) if it can been done very low-profile, i.e MSDOS / FreeDos /... .

As I said in my initial topic, the print function (via command-line parameter) is unfortunatly missing. I would prefer having that possibility instead of the UI, probably resulting in an even smaller footprint.

Command line options for HWiNFO32/64 are intentionally not available - for such solutions, there's is the SDK which offers much more flexibility. This option is however not free.

Martin said:
Command line options for HWiNFO32/64 are intentionally not available - for such solutions, there's is the SDK which offers much more flexibility. This option is however not free.

Hi Martin,

To be sure, I'm talking about HWiNFO (not HWiNFO32/64).
Maybe "print" would better have been mentionned as command on-screen display, which can be piped to a file.

Isn't the SDK a Software Development Kit, in other words not a working program ?

Sorry, I thought you meant the Windows ones.
For HWiNFO DOS, have you tried "hwinfo -r" ?

Martin said:
Sorry, I thought you meant the Windows ones.
For HWiNFO DOS, have you tried "hwinfo -r" ?

Hi Martin,

Even after having searched the forum, I never came across that option. I really must have overlooked something :-(
I tried it know, and yes that's what I was looking for, although the log is big due the kinda of snapshots.

But the most important : the data is there :)

Thank you !!!

Back