What is the PCIEX16 reading?

xetano

Hi All,

What does the PCIEX16 Temp reading for in HWInfo64?

MSI afterburner says my GPU temp is 30 I'm quite confused.  When I googled PCIEX16 results are referring to PCI-e x16 slot of the motherboard.  Does this say that the PCI-e slot is getting that hot?

Should I be concerned?

That should be the temperature on mainboard close to the PCIEX16 slot. But such high value looks invalid to me.
Can you please check using the GIGABYTE System Information tool and attach a side-by-side screenshot of its sensors with HWiNFO ?

Martin said:
That should be the temperature on mainboard close to the PCIEX16 slot. But such high value looks invalid to me.
Can you please check using the GIGABYTE System Information tool and attach a side-by-side screenshot of its sensors with HWiNFO ?

Thank you Martin for your response.

Here's the screenshot

[attachment=2572]

cheers!

xetano

Attachments

• 2017-12-10 13_39_52-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png
    2017-12-10 13_39_52-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 36
Thanks. So indeed the PCIEX16 temperature is not valid on your mainboard.
I will remove this from reporting in the next HWiNFO build, so it won't confuse users.

Martin said:
Thanks. So indeed the PCIEX16 temperature is not valid on your mainboard.
I will remove this from reporting in the next HWiNFO build, so it won't confuse users.

Please don't remove it from all boards. Mine displayed valid temperatures.

I removed PCIEX16 temperature from Z370N series only, yours should be still showing it.

Hi its a old Thread but i have the same wrong readings on a GIGABYTE B250N Phoenix WIFI-CF. It shows 94 to 98 degress while my GPU has 46 and PCH 45.

HWINFO Version is 5.84-3450

BlackSun said:
Hi its a old Thread but i have the same wrong readings on a GIGABYTE B250N Phoenix WIFI-CF. It shows 94 to 98 degress while my GPU has 46 and PCH 45.

HWINFO Version is 5.84-3450

Happened to me too, with a GIGABYTE Z370M DS3H-CF; using the latest version of HWINFO. Should I be worried about that temperature?

No need to be worried, I'm pretty sure it's an invalid readout. Shall be removed in the next HWiNFO build.

Back