- CPU Package

CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4770K
 - CPU Package

Also, for CPU Usage:

Code:
CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4770K: DTS
- Max CPU/Thread Usage
- Total CPU Usage

And while not necessary, if you can give me a quick explanation of what the differences are, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edit: I did a bit of research and found this:

Digital Thermal Sensors (DTS) are located at the heat sources where temperatures are highest

So I'm guessing to use either Core Max or CPU Package under the DTS section, correct?

Yes. "CPU Package" is a 256ms average of the hottest sensor in the CPU, while "Core Max" reflects only the IA/x86 execution cores (not Gfx, Uncore, etc.).
"Total CPU Usage" is the preferred value if you want to know the overall CPU usage/load.

Martin said:
Yes. "CPU Package" is a 256ms average of the hottest sensor in the CPU, while "Core Max" reflects only the IA/x86 execution cores (not Gfx, Uncore, etc.).
"Total CPU Usage" is the preferred value if you want to know the overall CPU usage/load.

Thank you, Martin!

I'm using it with RTSS to test temperatures and look for bottlenecks in games, so I'd like to know the most accurate. Max CPU/Thread Usage shows a higher utilization (by as much as 30%), but if you think Total CPU Usage is better, I'll go with that.

"CPU/Thread Usage" is just the maximum value among all thread usages at a given time, which doesn't reflect the total/average usage of the entire CPU.

Back