WHiNFO start problem

JimmyD

Hi

HWiNFO stops working during the checking of the sensors.
The last working version I found is the 5.06-2640. I tried using the latest beta release (5.11-2706) but also here HWiNFO cannot show sensor window.

My steps to reproduce the issue:
Start HWinOF on Windows 10 x64.
Select Sensors-only.
Wait for it and then it crashes.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    488.9 KB · Views: 2
Martin said:
Can you please try to click "Reset Preferences" to see if that helps ?

Sorry this doesn't fix the issue. But now I got already the sensor warning (what I always have the first time I start HWinOF). After clicking "Do not monitor this sensor' the app crashes without any warnings or errors.

This is an odd issue and I'm not sure yet why it happens.. Can you try to disable Shared Memory support too and let me know the result ?

Martin said:
This is an odd issue and I'm not sure yet why it happens.. Can you try to disable Shared Memory support too and let me know the result ?

Hi Martin

I found the issue. Switching off the shared Memory support doesn't work.
But I'm using my own written program to show the data to my Logitech keyboard. Now when I close that app I can start HWiNFO wihout any problems.
After starting my app HWinFO is still working. And now everything works again. Is there something changed in the Shared memory api?

Also disbling Shared memory support doesn't work. When disabling the feature every app that use the Shared Memory will still get the data from HWinfo.

Steps to reproduce the startup issue:

Starting HWinFO with an app that using Shared memory -> first time it will fail to start HWinFO

Closing the app (that use Shared memory), starting HWinOF -> This will start HWiNFO
Starting the app after starting HWinFO -> everything is working again

Closing HWInfo and starting again with the app still open -> HWinFo start normally

Thanks for the additional testing. I just wanted to know whether Shared Memory support is the area where it's crashing and it seems that it is indeed somehow related to that.
I'll test several plugins including yours to see what might be causing the issue.
As for changes to SHM, please check the respective section on this forum. Are you sure you don't modify something in the shared memory space or open it exclusively for you? Make sure to open it with read-only access.

I have tested with your applet and cannot reproduce the issue - it doesn't crash. Are you maybe using a different version than the public one, or some special settings ?

Back