Will this continue to be supported?

lane_ftw

Considering the last update to this was in 2016.

Also the "details" link in the sticky is broken.
As is this one. (Makes sense, it's for 2.0, but still in the OP.)
Creating Rainmeter Measures
Please read the instructions for creating measures in this post:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO-2-0

Using the included .rmskin doesn't show me CPU temp either (which is the main reason I'm here.)Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I have fixed the broken links, but this plugin was developed by another person so I cannot do more.

So figured out what was up.
Next question: In the documentation y'all show hardcoding sensor values
For example, to query the CPU usage on the local machine, we would use a measure like this:

Code:
[HWiNFOCPU0Usage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xF0000300
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0xfe
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
However, in the newest release, these values are now strings (for lack of a better word, I'm new at this.)
Untitled.jpg
Code:
[HWiNFOCPU0Name]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-CPU0-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-CPU0-SensorInstance#

I'm wondering if there's a list of all these strings. Specifically, I want to be able to look at individuial threads, as I'm already doing with the "MeasureCPU" plugin in rainmeter.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I came across this thread because I'm also having trouble getting the CPU temp to show. You mention that you fixed it, and I see that it's showing in your screenshot. What'd you have to change to get it to work? I only just installed both rainmeter and HWInfo this evening so having a slightly hard time troubleshooting.

I came across this thread because I'm also having trouble getting the CPU temp to show. You mention that you fixed it, and I see that it's showing in your screenshot. What'd you have to change to get it to work? I only just installed both rainmeter and HWInfo this evening so having a slightly hard time troubleshooting.
Open the HWinfo Shared memory app, and change the default sensor values in the included .inc file to the ones HWinfo shows for your hardware. Also remember HWinfo /has/ to be running to show any values in Rainmeter.
I'll be doing a proper writeup soon for n00bs like us. I think I understand what's what now. Here's what's done so far.Untitled.jpg

Open the HWinfo Shared memory app, and change the default sensor values in the included .inc file to the ones HWinfo shows for your hardware. Also remember HWinfo /has/ to be running to show any values in Rainmeter.
I'll be doing a proper writeup soon for n00bs like us. I think I understand what's what now. Here's what's done so far.
Wow, thank you for that! It'd have taken me a while, not very straightforward.

Back