Wrong ratios and CPU clock speeds

4evered

Hello,

I recently bought a Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 and raised the ratio from my Phenom II X4 965 BE from 17 to 18.5 but strangely HWiNFO is still displaying the stock ratio for Cores 1, 2 and 3 (see below)

Capture_HWINFO.png

Anyway Speccy display the sames thing

Capture_Speccy.png

Thank you

There might be several factors influencing this - most important is the amount of load on each core and power limiting.
I see that your cores are under a very light load, so unless you have chosen the Maximum Performance profile in Windows, that might be one reason.

Hi Martin,

thank you for replying quickly.

Maybe you're right, I will try to put the CPU on heavy load and will sending you a relevant log file

Martin,
under heavy load it makes no change unfortunately, the default clock and ratio are measured for the cores 1, 2 and 3. (I attached the log, report and debug files ... I send you the password in PM).

Also I don't know if it's important or not, but the Cool & Quiet and C1E features are disabled.

Thank you

Attachments

• core_speed_issue.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
Well, the attached data confirm that the values reported are correct. I'd suggest to check BIOS settings.

Martin said:
Well, the attached data confirm that the values reported are correct. I'd suggest to check BIOS settings.

Which report did you checked ? because the excel file is not displaying the right value

[attachment=1284]

Anyway, do you have an idea which setting in the BIOS could cause this strange behavior ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
I have checked the raw data from the Debug File - this tells me exact values read from hardware.

Back