Wrong voltages

Robex

My CPU Core Voltage and SOC Voltage are wrong. They're different from the ones shown on the BIOS and on others applications, even if i increase or decrease the voltages they keep staying the same.
My SOC Voltage is around 1.150V but on hwinfo it's stuck at 1.100V. Same thing for CPU Core.. it should be around 1.380V but it shows around 1.100V
I'm using an Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming with a Ryzen 5 2600.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 5
Which values are you watching, can you post a screenshot? Have you tested under idle or load?
Values shown in BIOS will always be different from those in Windows due to different conditions.

I looked only into those two so i don't know if there's some other wrong voltage. I tried both, idle and load.. it just doesn't change, it stays the same. I have problems only with hwinfo because other applications show the voltages how they are supposed to be.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 33
The values shown by HWiNFO are correct and most accurate. CPUID HWMonitor is not showing the correct values.

Voltage is dynamic and depends on actual load and other parameters. What HWiNFO shows there is the most accurate voltage value read by VRM telemetry.
Scrolling further down you should see the mainboard sensors that should show you the Vcore and SOC voltage, but those values are monitored using other sensors and might not be as accurate.

Ok, thanks for the help. One last thing, since i want my CPU Core Voltage to do not go above 1.380V, should i consider the SVI2 or the one read by the mainboard sensors?

Last edited:
There's something wrong, i tried to add 0.050V at both (CPU Core, SoC) and they literally stayed the same. Soc Voltage it's stuck at 1.100V even if i've added 0.050V (idle and underload). Same thing for CPU Core, stuck at 1.138V and underload it goes a little bit down. On the mainboard sensors they actually increased by 0.050V. I don't get it

There are some other strange things going on as well - some values like PPT, TDC and CPU Die (average) are missing - the CPU is unable to measure those, hence it's not working in proper mode.
This might indicate the BIOS doesn't properly support this CPU. Since your BIOS version is latest (F60e; with 5000 series support), I'm wondering whether it didn't break support of older series. This happened for some other vendors that don't recommend using BIOSes with 5000 series support to be used on older CPUs.

Should i try reverting to an older BIOS? And if i do, which version should i pick and can i just directly flash it?

Yes, I'd recommend to downgrade to the previous BIOS version.
Currently the CPU's telemetry doesn't work, so it's running "blind" and can't properly control its state. You can double-check with AMD Ryzen Master and I bet it will show the PPT and TDC = 0.

Yes, I'd recommend to downgrade to the previous BIOS version.
Currently the CPU's telemetry doesn't work, so it's running "blind" and can't properly control its state. You can double-check with AMD Ryzen Master and I bet it will show the PPT and TDC = 0.
I've reverted to the old BIOS but still the same behaviour.
But i found out that if i put the cpu completely stock the SVI2 value is more reasonable. I had around 1.230V SVI2 and 1.260V on the motherboard sensor.
As soon as i try to change multiplier and voltages the SVI2 gets stuck at around 1.100V, doesn't matter if i add +0.100V offset.. it just doesn't change much and it has over 0.200V difference with the sensor of the motherboard.

This is the debug with this version of the BIOS. With Ryzen master i can read PPT=87 and TDC=60. They were showing up with the latest bios too

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
PPT=87 and TDC=60 are the limit values. What current values does it show? And voltages?

It is best to reverse BIOS to AGESA v2PI 1.0.0.2 version.
From AGESA v2PI 1.0.8.0 and newer, vendors started the support for 5000series. These BIOSs on older boards (400series) may support only 3000/5000 CPUs.

PPT=87 and TDC=60 are the limit values. What current values does it show? And voltages?
Wait, i'm not really good at this.. the actual values on ryzen master are the ones on top? Because on top i can't read PPT and TDC

Attachments

• ryzenmaster.png
    ryzenmaster.png
    264 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes, those on top and they are missing here. So telemetry in your CPU doesn't work.

Yes, those on top and they are missing here. So telemetry in your CPU doesn't work.
It only works when i put the CPU stock, as soon as i try to overclock I can not read the exact values.
The reading on the VSoC is wrong because i left the RAM OC voltages, when i put them back to default i get the right readings on that too

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    272 KB · Views: 8
Back