Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 Rev. 1.1 VR VOUT greyed out

qlf

Hi.
I upgraded my pc to a new intel platform and like always i installed HWinfo64. I noticed that stable and beta releases have the same behaviour.
1. VR VOUT after some time becomes greyed out. Restarting the app doesnt fix it.
2. Sometimes these 2 menus simply dissapear at random and only a pc restart fixes it.

When 1 or 2 happens, the pc doesn't fully shut down. The screen goes black but the mb stays on indefinitely. When 1 or 2 does not occur there is no problem. I noticed that 1 or 2 appears if i stress the pc(the cpu pegged at 100) but not always, but that triggers the behaviour faster. Only uninstalling the app fixes this. Here you have a screenshot with the 2 menus with the problem(Everything from vr vout goes grey when the bug appears at 1. At 2 these 2 just dissapear):
Bug.png
I also have the latest bios. F29

Are you maybe running some other monitoring/tweaking tool along with HWiNFO?

Are you maybe running some other monitoring/tweaking tool along with HWiNFO?
No, nothing else. It's a clean install. At first i thought something was wrong with the hardware but it took me quite a few reinstalls to pick this one up, haha. Also related to the problem, sometimes i have wrong values on vrout like 65.something volts lol.
My pc has only 2 fans managed by the bios. No icue or other monitoring stuff. Everything is left on auto, but the power limits set to intel.

When this happens, please try to go into Device Manager and disable/enable the "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller" device under System devices.

When this happens, please try to go into Device Manager and disable/enable the "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller" device under System devices.
I will. Now I'm stressing the memory so the cpu is at 100. When it triggers i'll do it.

It happened and it looks like this:
bugg.png
I disabled and enabled IO Host thing(disabled and enabled all of them) and it changed nothing.
Also look at how many of these i have:
host.png
One thing i noticed. First time i tried to replicate it wouldn'do it. The difference was that i did not have hwinfo on autostart and i started it manually, it wouldn't do it. I set it again to autostart, restarted my pc and boom after a few mins it did it. Maybe it helps.

Last edited:
Later reply. The second case i wrote about in my first post, it happens if i close and start again hwinfo after they grey out happens. So those 2 menus are now gone from hwinfo after i restarted the app. If i restart my pc they will reappear.

Other thing i noticed: Sometimes the app will start at boot time with those 2 menus already gone and if I want to shut down the system, the motherboard will never shut down, so the first point does not happen only while it is running. It can also start bugged like this.

Try to go into Device Manager, select the "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 7ACC" device, then "Power Management" tab and disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.

Try to go into Device Manager, select the "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 7ACC" device, then "Power Management" tab and disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
I did that, restarted hwinfo64, those 2 menus are still not there.

After further testing, it does seem that there is something fishy with the drivers Gigabyte is providing. I tried to use HWMonitor and it does the exact same system hang. Sadly I can't use hwinfo64 anymore because of this annoying bug. Thank you, Gigabyte...

Thank you for helping me.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for this but I will check this with GIGABYTE.
You might try some other things like disabling that device or completely uninstalling its drivers.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for this but I will check this with GIGABYTE.
You might try some other things like disabling that device or completely uninstalling its drivers.
Thank you. When i will receive my new RAM kit I will not install the drivers from Gigabyte, I'll set with what windows update will provide, even if i will have unknown devices in Device Manager. I have one question regarding what are CPU VDDQ and VCCSA for a ddr4 board? In hwinfo they are displayed as SA VID and VDDQ TX Voltage. I can't really seem to get some concrete information in regards to what they are controlling in contrast to a Z690/790 DDR5 platform. Thank you.

I think i managed to fix everything: no more greying out or system hang at shutdown. I disabled FAST STARTUP in windows settings. This tells me Gigabyte did something weird with their drivers or bios.

Hmm, this is interesting.. I can't quite imagine how that could have an impact here...

Hmm, this is interesting.. I can't quite imagine how that could have an impact here...
Yep, I also googled this issue with fast startup and it seems to be quite frequent. Some of the solutions on microsoft forums suggest that some motherboard drivers are the culprit. I imagine I might be the same case. I would report this to Gigabyte but i can't seem to find any offical forum.

Back