Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 Rev. 1.1 VR VOUT greyed out

Ok so now after disabling fast startup everything is fixed, but hwinfo is now reporting pci/pci bus errors. I got 2. In the event viewer i have this device:

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)
Primary Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x2
Secondary Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7ABA&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_11

In device manager the device is this: Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #3 - 7ABA, but i have no idea what this does or controls. I googled and it seems that there are cases with the same gigabyte z690 ddr4 class of boards having these errors, but no clear fix. Some people say that it might be related to sleep states in bios. I have not changed anything, tho.

Check in the main HWiNFO window the PCI Bus topology what device is beneath it.
If you have Sensors-only mode enabled, you will need to disable it to get that window.

Try to upgrade its drivers. Sometimes also disabling PCIe Link State Power Management in BIOS helps.

I have the latest driver and every power related bios setting is disabled(default), but i set the aspm (now) to auto (before it was disabled). I want to see if it helps.

If that device in Device Manager has an option in Power Management to disable turning off the device to save power, try to disable that too.

Ok so I enabled native power management for dmi, pch, peg aspm and things seem to be just fine. No pci bus errors either. I also reenabled fast startup and it doesn't grey out. Things seem to be stable with these power settings enabled. But there is something weird: Vr Vrout seems to hover around 1.35v while vcore is actually closer to what the cpu usage is at. right now at desktop vcore is 0.732v but vrout is ticking around 1.35v.

So after extensive testing, swapping psu, reinstalling windows, enabling/disabling things in bios, literally nothing fixes the issue with hwinfo64 regarding the system hangs at shutdown or the renesas menu dissapearing. A partial fix for the hang at shutdown can be disabling fast boot, but the menus still grey out and dissapear. Sadly, for now i can't use hwinfo64 because my pc isn't usable. I hope Gigabyte will address this problem because i like having a complete view of what my pc is doing behind the scenes. For now i'm gonna use it's proprietary software called SIV which is ok, but it can't compare to hwinfo. I noticed that SIV is reporting way lower cpu temps compared to hwinfo. While playing pubg, siv says my cpu barely passes 80c, hwinfo is saying that it is thermaly throttling at around 85c and some cores spiking to 99c with a beefy cooler and intel stock pl. Weird.

To workaround this problem you can disable monitoring of those 2 sensors. That should at least give you all other values except those VRMs.

To workaround this problem you can disable monitoring of those 2 sensors. That should at least give you all other values except those VRMs.
I did that too, but the system hang at shutdown is still there. Actually HWMonitor has the hang problem too, even if it does not monitor values from that thing. Tbh i don't really care if those lines stop reporting live values, I just don't like the fact that i have to force shutdown my pc by holding the power button. Before i upgraded to z690 I had a Z390 from asus and it had the grey out problem on a vrm sensor but never hanged at shutdown. Actually if i remember correctly hwinfo would tell me that monitoring that sensor would add system latency, but i liked to ignore it because the system would behave normally.

Hmm, I assumed the problem here is that HWiNFO accesses those VRMs but when you say HWMonitor causes the same issue, it must be something else.
You might try to completely disable SMBus Support in HWiNFO and see. This might be too strict and you'll lose more items like DIMM SPD info, so it's just to check if the problem lies somewhere here.
If that helps, we might try to find more precisely which device is causing this by disabling individual SMBus addresses in HWiNFO until we find you the exact address.

Ok, so I disabled SMBus Support and the problem is GONE! those 2 menus are now gone and dimm temps gone too. I can't remember if there was something else that went away. So atleast we know that it has to do with the SMBus thing.

Last edited:
OK, so now we know approximately...
As first and in case you're running GIGABYTE SIV, make sure to upgrade it to the latest version. This was known to cause similar issues in the past.

If that won't help, we can proceed further to check if there's a specific device causing this.
For that you would need to use the "SMBus Device Exclusion" list with lots of checkboxes. Our goal is to find which exact box needs to be checked (excluded) when the problem won't happen.
First you should enable SMBus again and then run a couple of tests by narrowing down to a single box checked. I'd recommend to check all boxes in 1-2 rows, test and see. If the problem still happens, uncheck the boxes selected before and check the next 1-2 row. If the problem doesn't happen with a given row set checked, then uncheck half of them and repeat..
It's a tedious work but currently the only way to figure out what's the problem.

SIV is on the latest patch, but the issue was present even before using it. I tried siv as a last resort to monitoring. I'll get to work on it now :)

ok so far so good. On default, hwinfo had the first row all checked. I removed each value, then went with only one value on the first row, still no luck. I tried to see if it works with no box checked, it didn't. Im now at the second row, all checked and it seems to be stable. So maybe it is something on the second row.

OK, so something in the 1x range? That would be quite unexpected. Are you sure about that?

OK, so something in the 1x range? That would be quite unexpected. Are you sure about that?
Yes, 1x to the end of the hex xF. I'm literally buring the cpu with prime95 AVX, running the usual pubg where it would trigger after like 5 mins, but it doesn't have any problems. Vrout doesn't even grey out. Everything just works.

OK, can you please try to narrow it down? I guess it might be 18 or higher.

Back