Z87X-OC

stasio

V.I.P.
Hi Martin,
some voltages ,fans is missing in sensor page (as in AIDA64 also).
Dbg file,pic attached.
OC board is using IR3553, and IR3563B and 6 fans.
Let me know anything else you need.
Strange is that of thousands OC board users ( a month+) nobody ask to adjust your and Miklos application yet.

Thanks in advance,stasio

Edit:
If possible to have offset voltages and Uncore Power as per HWMonitor?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    183 KB · Views: 2
  • 13-07-2013_113639.png
    13-07-2013_113639.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 13-07-2013_122150.png
    13-07-2013_122150.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 13
Offset voltages and further details on Haswell are available in the main HWiNFO window with tree (under CPU). I haven't included this information in the Sensor page, because it's rather static (than something dynamic which would make sensor to constantly monitor).
As for voltages the only value missing in HWiNFO is VCCIOA - I believe this comes from the above information.
As for the additional fans, I have to admit, that we don't know yet where they come from :( The ITE sensor chip doesn't seem to report any other values than those already displayed.
Uncore power is not really measured as Fiery already said ;)

I'm still thinking about where the additional fans are read from... Maybe these models use some kind of mux for fans (which is a common practice on many ASRock boards, btw).
Can you please try to run ET together with HWiNFO for longer time to see what fan speeds are reported ? If there's a mux, the ET would switch this mux on/off and cause HWiNFO to report different fan speeds each moment (i.e. report fan1 speed once and fan2 the other time). If HWiNFO reports the same fan speeds all the time, then I think there's no mux and we need to look for other ways/ideas...

Hi Martin,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/93464563.jpg

"Above is a chip that you will not find a datasheet on: the iTE8790E which is the EC and it has its own BIOS. The EC is almost like a second SuperIO it helps out with things that the main SuperIO and the BIOS can't handle on their own. It is like a second firmware. It also allows for profiles and such to still be retained even after clearing the CMOS. It also allows for control over all the fan headers on the motherboard! There are 8 fan headers, there are 6 fan controls in the UEFI and in EasyTune, and a few of the headers are combined into a single setting. "

HWiNFO atm, display 3 Fan header of 6 by ET.
Hope text above will help you

Please pass this info also to Fiery today,as he plan to release new Beta.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 15-07-2013_085837.png
    15-07-2013_085837.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the information. Though HWiNFO supports several ECs, this might be a bit tricky, because each implementation is specific and depending on internal EC firmware. Where have you got that info from, maybe it would be possible to get more exact information on EC RAM layout, fan readout RPM especially ?
Fiery is aware of this, we're working together ;) I'm also analyzing the BIOS to see if I can find something there...
UPDATE: I found something that might be the door to this EC, however without further details (IT8790E datasheet or info from GBT) it's quite hard to determine more :(

Hi Martin,

is linked under IR3553, and IR3563B .......in my first post.
Came from Sin0822 (Steven B.).......sorry today I am a bit busy......no problem take your time.
Glad that you work with Fiery (as always).....
I can also involve Sin for some clarification..

Thanks for helping out.. I'm trying to get the IT8790E datasheet first (since I need to know its EC-Host protocol), but it's not easy.
Also, if you maybe have contacts at GBT, would be great if they could provide some info.
ECs are always a bit of pain...

ITE8790E datasheet is hard to get.......
still pending......
ITE8790E is proprietary,its an EC controller/general GPIO, like one of those ICs that says iROG on it on the ROG boards.

I am using the Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP (rev. 1.0) motherboard which also features the Z87 chipset.

Besides the already mentioned bug that only one of my three system fans is displayed I encountered the following bug:
I have two fans displayed in hwinfo. The CPU Fan and System Fan 2. But those are misslabeled. The CPU Fan is showing the data of the System Fan and vice versa.

Yep, but I'm still missing the datasheet or further information on the EC... Without that I cannot implement reading those additional fans.
I'm not sure where the VCCIOA comes from, is it maybe the same as the "Analog IO" value as displayed in the main HWiNFO window under CPU ? Or does it maybe come from the EC too ?

Martin said:
Offset voltages and further details on Haswell are available in the main HWiNFO window with tree (under CPU). I haven't included this information in the Sensor page, because it's rather static (than something dynamic which would make sensor to constantly monitor).
As for voltages the only value missing in HWiNFO is VCCIOA - I believe this comes from the above information.
As for the additional fans, I have to admit, that we don't know yet where they come from :( The ITE sensor chip doesn't seem to report any other values than those already displayed.
Uncore power is not really measured as Fiery already said ;)

Thanks for pointing out the offset and Target voltage displayed in the main window/tree. Using Adaptive CPU voltage, set to 0.800V in the UEFI, HWiNFO reports 819mv. I had CPU, LLC/Ring, and iGPU all set to 0.800V in the UEFI, and they all are reported as 819mv in HWiNFO. I hate false BIOS/UEFI settings.

The 819mv reading is independent of the Offset setting, the CPU voltage had a small offset, the others did not. HWiNFO also confirmed that Auto for the Offset setting is equal to 0.0V.

IMO, I don't see the need to show these values in the Sensor window, since they are static. Time to play with those voltages a bit and see what I really get... Thanks Martin.

Thanks for the information, it helps us all to understand how this FIVR works :)
Is that 819mv value the Vcore reported?

Martin said:
Thanks for the information, it helps us all to understand how this FIVR works :)
Is that 819mv value the Vcore reported?

No, that is what is seen in the main HWiNFO display with tree, for the processor, that you mentioned in your reply to Stasio's first post in this thread. Vcore on my board does not match those voltage settings in the UEFI.

[attachment=714]

As I said in my first post, the readings are 19mv over the settings in the UEFI, which are 800mv.

IMO, it seems ASRock is setting these values 19mv high by design, or possibly your display is wrong, which I doubt.

If I increase the settings in the UEFI, the value displayed by HWiNFO changes to, and is always 19mv greater.

I'm not complaining, but wondering if the actual voltage is 819mv when it is set to 800mv in the UEFI. That would not be the first time a mobo manufacture set voltages slightly differently.

Attachments

• hwinfo proc voltages.PNG
    hwinfo proc voltages.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 5
Back