6800XT showing current, minimum and maximum always with TDC Limit 300A, PPT Limit 289W, SOC TDC Limit 55A

G5y

Hello,

I would just like to know if the view is correct and I should not bother with it. It just looks unusual to the other Limit readers.
kind regards. Thank you for the great work!
1615323847460.png

Yes, that's normal - those are the limit values, not the current values consumed.

Reactions: G5y
Hello,

I would just like to know if the view is correct and I should not bother with it. It just looks unusual to the other Limit readers.
kind regards. Thank you for the great work!
View attachment 6088
What Martin said and if you like to confirm this, open AMD drivers “Performance” >> “Tuning”, Tuning control manual and try to increase/decrease power limit slider. Then on the “GPU PPT Limit“ you will see minimum or maximum value on HWiNFO change depending the move you did, up or down.
The actual PPT is right below PPT Limit and possibly can never exceed the limit.

TDCs (Core and SoC) are a different matter. TDC Limits are the max allowed current under thermal constrain scenario and not under normal operation. You may see values (GPU Core/SOC current VDDCR) over the 300A and 55A if temperature allows it. At least this is how it works on AMD CPUs.

Reactions: G5y
Forgot to mention that by increasing/decreasing power (PPT) limit, the TDC limits will increase/decrease also by the same percentage. This is what I saw on my (Navi10) 5700XT.

Back