The min remaining drive life is 1.0% and the average is 100.0% so I can conclude that the length of time which the failure occurs is very small, I have enabled the graphs regardless. It's worth noting that the SSD is connected to the board, X99-A/USB 3.1 and the chipset is in RAID mode. I believe it's recommended to use the drive in AHCI mode, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the situation.Martin said:This seems to be some occasional erratum because the failure would need to be 'sticky' and appear always, but instead it's only captured as the 'max' value.
How often does this happen, every time when you start HWiNFO, or after a while ? You might try to double-click to show a graph for that value to see whether there are some spikes, or enable sensors logging to see when exactly it happens.
Please let me know the results...
Yes, I see the value you are talking about. I still wonder if it has something to do with the drive being in RAID vs. AHCI. I know that I'm not able to use Samsung Magician when the drive is in RAID mode. The program won't even detect the drive so I can't update the firmware. My old platform was either RAID or AHCI for all drives, which is why I installed Windows in RAID mode even though the SSD was not part of the array. At some point I'm going to move it to AHCI so perhaps that will correct the issue. Thanks for all the help!Martin said:The failure is reported probably due to the 1% remaining life reported by drive which seems to occur occasionally.
My original idea was that this is a read-out problem. But then I noticed that the "[B3] Used Reserved Block Count (Total)" parameter which can be used as an indicator of drive health reported actual value of 100 (which seems OK), but the worst measured value is just 1 (Worst: 1). So I think this is either a problem of the drive's firmware which doesn't properly monitor and report the status, or the drive is really occasionally having serious problems.