A8-5600k incorrect CPU Temeprature info

Szb84

Hello!
Everything is ok except the CPU/GPU temperatures, since it's an APU I know there aren't so many sensors, and they are also reporting incorrect values sometimes.
In my case HWiNFO reported CPU package 100C under load, that would be impossible since max cpu temp is 74C, the CPU will either damage or shut down itself before reaching this high temp.
However, my MB is a Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H, and the EasyTune 6 software can read the CPU temperature (or at least a more precise value).
I attached a sample screenshot.

Attachments

• Névtelen.png
    Névtelen.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 6
There are a few things, that need to be clarified:
- ET6 reports the CPU temperature value measured by an external diode placed close to the CPU socket. So this is not the true internal CPU temperature.
- The Max CPU temperature of 74 C you talk about is "Tcase Max". That means, it's the maximum allowed temperature measured on top of the CPU, not the internal temperature (which I believe can reach higher values).
- Many recent AMD CPUs have flawed internal temperature sensors, which provide erratic values especially at lower temperatures.

Szaby59 said:
Hello!
However, my MB is a Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H, and the EasyTune 6 software can read the CPU temperature (or at least a more precise value).
I am using GA-F2A88XN-WIFI, which is from the same manufacture. I see the same CPU temperature read on ET6 is the one with ITE8620E during some video converting task.
See my attachment.

Attachments

• Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 7
For me that sensor shows 15C when ET6 26C.
Looks like it reads 10C less compared to ET6 on lower temperatures, but reads exactly the same at 40+.
Thanks!

Hmm, it seems ET6 uses some sort of 'correction factor' to compensate the erratic values.
I believe what it reports is still sort of nonsense just to make 'users happy' and might be still different from the real temperature.

Back