AC/DC Loadline and VRM monitoring support for Z490 boards

falkentyne

Hi Martin,

When you have time, can you look into updating HWinfo for reading the AC/DC loadines on the various Z490 boards? Tested Maximus 12 Extreme and Aorus Master, and no AC/DC Loadline in the CPU information area.
Also for VRM monitoring on the Intersil (and possibly other when possible) VRM boards, e.g., VR VOUT, Current IOUT, Power POUT etc, for boards like the Z490 Aorus Master/Xtreme, and similar boards. Just tested an Aorus Master and there was no VRM information, etc.

Thank you!

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data of that system and I will check why it doesn't show up.

Thanks. AC/DC Loadline information will be added in the next (Beta) build, but I don't recognize any accessible VRM on this system.

Thank you for producing the best monitoring tool out there!

Also I had a question.
On the Z390 boards, the ISL69138 used on boards like the Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, Elite, and Pro Wifi was addressable in HWInfo for monitoring VR VOUT, etc.

Is the ISL69269 not addressable or is it just Gigabyte blocked hardware access to it somehow? Gigabyte and MSI use this VRM controller on their Z490 boards.

Thank you for your time, Martin.

Last edited:
I don't know why the ISL69269 is not accessible here. It should work similar as the ISL69138, so it's likely that GIGABYTE somehow blocks access to it.

I don't know why the ISL69269 is not accessible here. It should work similar as the ISL69138, so it's likely that GIGABYTE somehow blocks access to it.

Hi Martin
The ISL 69269 is accessible apparently. With the winring dll driver, I'm beta testing a tool that is allowing access, and the stuff (VR VOUT, VR VIN, POUT, IIN, IOUT) is all there.
I just am having some issues like sometimes the VRM isn't detected or it reports 0.00v/0.00A until I reboot...

Both VR Loops are accessible.

I'll release the tool publicly (I have permission from Asus...yes, Asus :) once Shamino can figure out why the VRM keeps disappearing from detection sometimes....

Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested in any details.
I'm working on this with GIGABYTE and yes, it should be accessible and registers still follow the PMBus specification. But apparently it uses a different protocol, but I'm not sure yet how different it is.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm interested in any details.
I'm working on this with GIGABYTE and yes, it should be accessible and registers still follow the PMBus specification. But apparently it uses a different protocol, but I'm not sure yet how different it is.

Shamino is allowing me to share the tool. Hope this helps you!
Thank you for your support of Hwinfo!

Attachments

• gbvrm3.rar
    358.8 KB · Views: 12
Access to ISL69269 on GIGABYTE boards should be fixed in Beta v6.27-4180.

Thank you Martin for the new beta! AC/DC LL being reported now on my Maximus 12 Extreme :) Can't check VR VOUT /ACDC Loadline monitoring on my Z490 Aorus Master yet because it isn't hooked up at the moment.

Access to ISL69269 on GIGABYTE boards should be fixed in Beta v6.27-4180.

Hi, Minor bug in 4181 in Intersil reporting. Might just be a simple significant digits/rounding error.
VR VIN reports about 1.20v. I think that should be 12.x volts :)
Double checked that with Shamino's tool which reports 11.950v-12.060v

Having a similar issue with a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra. Supposedly this board uses the same ISL69269 VRM controller as the Aorus Master, but HWiNFO's sensor data doesn't even have a section for VRM info in the latest 6.27-4195 beta.

Here is a debug file of sensor data from 6.27-4195:

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Having a similar issue with a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra. Supposedly this board uses the same ISL69269 VRM controller as the Aorus Master, but HWiNFO's sensor data doesn't even have a section for VRM info in the latest 6.27-4195 beta.

Here is a debug file of sensor data from 6.27-4195:

This seems to be a different issue - something seems to be completely blocking SMBus there.
Try to reboot the machine and then run HWiNFO without running any other monitoring or similar tool (including RGB control software).

Back