Alienware Aurora R 6

Bellah1w

Hi I use HWIFO and it is awesome however I can't find any sensors listed for the 2 fans and pump that are coming off the motherboard on the shared memory Viewer.

There are 2 fans on the motherboard top and bottom of case with separate headers and a fan and pump header.

The Alienware Command Centre shows the data for the fans and pump  but I prefer using modern gadgets so I can have other info easily displayed.

I use modern gadgets and it shows a MB Sensor ID of 0xf7067910 and Sensor Instance of 0x0 and CPu fan of 0x3000001 but none of these can be seen on the HWINFO memory viewer.

I would just accept it but the Fan shows -9102 RPM all the time which I know is not right.

Thanks great program. love it!

System Board:
Manufacturer Alienware
Model 07HV66 (U3E1)
Version A00
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Kaby Lake
Chipset Revision 05
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Z270
Southbridge Revision 00
 BIOS
  Brand Alienware
  Version 1.0.15
  Date 23/02/2018

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    79.9 KB · Views: 3
Those sensors might use some proprietary DELL technology. But please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and I will look at the details.

Thanks and is this what you mean by the debug file … a log file recording?

I have turned on debug mode but its not crashing so I don't know how to find the log file.

Cheers

Attachments

• hwinfo log file.CSV
    50 KB · Views: 2
No, that's not the file required. If you already enabled Debug Mode, then just close HWiNFO after running for a few seconds, grab that file and post it here.

Sorry Martin I have not had a chance to do the R6 but I also I have the R7 which has the same issue. thanks :)

Attachments

• DESKTOP-PCUC9G3.HTM
    210.8 KB · Views: 2
Martin said:
Thanks, that's the file required :)
Please try this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_583_3441.zip
and let me know if you can see some new sensors.
Also please attach a new Debug File made using this version for analysis.

Excellent fan speed is now reporting great!

So it works with the Alienware Aurora R7.

I will try it on my R6 tonight as well.

Many thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Bellah1w said:
Martin said:
Thanks, that's the file required :)
Please try this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_583_3441.zip
and let me know if you can see some new sensors.
Also please attach a new Debug File made using this version for analysis.

Excellent fan speed is now reporting great!

So it works with the Alienware Aurora R7.

For what its worth the top cpu fan is the pump rpm perhaps, as its too high for a fan speed and pumps work in this range and usually stay at one speed?  The second fan is the mainboard fan .

The GPU fan does not match up to the GPU fan speed (on the Card) this matches the front fan but its in front of the GPU.

I will try it on my R6 tonight as well.

Many thanks

Attachments

• new fan names.PNG
    new fan names.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the new Debug File you attached is not from the new build, but later version. Can you please attach the new one ?

Martin said:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the new Debug File you attached is not from the new build, but later version. Can you please attach the new one ?

Ok done sorry the debug check box was not checked after installing the new version whoops! 

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    995.7 KB · Views: 2
This is a Debug File from the latest build, but you didn't open sensors. Sorry for bugging so much, but can you please upload again with sensors?
I need to check the internal data if everything is OK there.

Martin said:
This is a Debug File from the latest build, but you didn't open sensors. Sorry for bugging so much, but can you please upload again with sensors?

Yes I am just away from my R7 for a few hours will do when I get back, glad to assist you develop your program !

Bellah1w said:
Martin said:

Yes I am just away from my R7 for a few hours will do when I get back, glad to assist you develop your program !

Ok this is the R6 Debug file and from my viewpoint HWINFO is now showing everything I need, awesome

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Bellah1w said:
Martin said:

this is the r7

IThanks for the Beta update  :)

Not sure if you are interested but there are some other sensors on the motherboard called VR temp, pci sensor ect as you can see on the attached screenshot .

You have captured CPU temp, Top fan,  Front fan in front of the GPU and the Pump RPM  already.

What you have already included is fantastic but not sure if you want to find the address  for the other sensors.

You have created a magnificent tool so many thanks Martin .

Attachments

• AD58F4C6-D644-4170-B25F-C7D2B264E0BF.jpeg
    AD58F4C6-D644-4170-B25F-C7D2B264E0BF.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 4
Back