ALWAYS forgetting window position

Hopefully some repair appears microsoft or if you find something out, think some .bat file what start HWINFO -program after you login windows, but not know if that work. Some more programming fellow maybe can say something to that :)

Another option might be use a different method of startup.
1. Disable or delete the HWiNFO task in Windows Task Scheduler
2. Create a new shortcut for HWiNFO in: \users\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder.
Replace <your_username> with your current user name.
This will however trigger the UAC prompt for Administrator access during start.

@Martin
Seems now Windows have solution for this problem, what seems working.

1. Go Windows Task Scheduler
2. Open HWinfo64 and go "Triggers" -page.
3. Douple click your trigger what you now use and change that to last option (On workstation unlock).
4. I use 30sec delay to start HWinfo, but i think not needed that for this method.

After that everything seems works ok and hwinfo starts after log-in, not before that if computer idles on login screen and because that second monitor is allready powered on, HWinfo open always seconds monitor.

On my system with 5 displays, HWINFO still always puts the update available pop-up on my little 1080x600 stats display, and after updating, it puts the 3 graphs I have enabled there too, despite unchecking "Validate Windows Positions". In Task Manager I changed "At logon of any user" to "On Workstation Unlock", and deleted the trigger "At system startup". I don't think both triggers were required anyway. I also added a 10-second startup delay. If this works I will report back here. Thanks for the tip!

Edit to add - Windows 10 v22H2 Build 19045.3803. Also, this system uses Display Fusion for wallpaper and taskbar on multiple displays. I wonder if Display Fusion has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Have you tried to manage it with DisplayFusion Pro?
I am using Display Fusion Pro. I don't know if it makes the problem better or worse. In my system with 5 displays, I have an image as the wallpaper on 2 displays and a solid color on 3 displays. Display Fusion often gets this mixed up where 1 of the displays with an image ends up with the solid color wallpaper and 1, sometimes 2 of the displays that should have a solid color wallpaper end up with an image. The mix-up happens after booting. Once I fix them, it stays, I have not been able to figure out why it does this.

Back