AMD Ryzen 5 1600X VID values stuck at 1.550V

ashur

Hi,

Last week I've assembled a PC with Ryzen 5 1600X and Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-10 motherboard, but I noticed that both HWInfo and HWMonitor show CPU VID at 1.550V what worries me.

I read at other thread that this is expected because of CPU firmware, but having installed newest BIOS F6 from gigabyte didn't solve it. Also, there was a mention that it will stay only at that level for a few minutes. 

At this point I'm not sure I let HWInfo to work longer than 5 minutes, I'll try at home to let it run for a few hours so we'll see, but still I'm a bit worried.

On the other hand, VCore jumps from 0.3 to 1.5 +- and temperatures are also low while idle, 25-35 celsius, however CPU stuck at 3.7 GHz and jumps to 4.1 GHz according to Ryzen Master ( doesn't show downclocking while idle ) - as far as I read this might be related to Ryzen Optimized Power Plan.

Also, my friend has exactly the sam configuration as me and he says that his VID works properly, jumps from 0.3 to 1.5 +-. The only difference is that, he has windows 7, while I have windows 10.

Coming to my point, should I be worried that my CPU or motherboard might broken and RMA it or it's fine ? 

Thanks in advance

I believe the VID reporting in the CPU is still faulty and doesn't reflect true values. It's possible that the difference is in the operating system.
Vcore should be reporting the true core voltage.

Back