Asrock B550 (Nuvoton NCT6796D) support

Athaeon

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with lacking sensor readings for this board, but I'm missing a lot of readings and a lot of readings seem to be incorrect:
Board: Asrock B550 Velocita (or Steel Legend or Extreme4, all the same)
Sensor: Nuvoton NCT6796D
HWiNFO version: 6.29-4230

Essentially only CPU and motherboard temps seem to be correct.
Auxiliary, AUXIN2, AUXIN3, AUXIN4, CPU (PECI) are all fixed values that do not change (8, 13, 31, 25 and 40 degrees). I'm missing VRM-temp (but not sure if the board actually has a sensor for it).

The same goes for voltages. VTT, VIN5, INV2, VIN3, VIN9 all seem to be incorrect and do never change. I'm missing SOC-voltage in this list as well (this was present in a previous version if i'm correct).

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this board/chip not supported yet or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks for all the work on HWiNFO !

Last edited:
Can you please post a screenshot of the affected sensor with its full name (expand the sensor name column)? NCT679D is not the correct full name.
Alternatively you might post the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.

My bad. It's the NCT6796D. Mistyped it... twice.....

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 16
Reporting of VDDCR_SOC will be fixed in the next build. The other values are generic sensor inputs that might not be connected on this board.

Thanks !

Other sensors not connected would be a shame, but nothing you can fix :p
Just installed the Asrock motherboard utility (which I'm not a fan of, but just to check) and it seems that Asrock indeed connected only a limited number of inputs.

Attachments

• Asrock mobo util.PNG
    Asrock mobo util.PNG
    229.9 KB · Views: 11
That's a common practice.
HWiNFO reports all sensor inputs unless it's really proven which are not connected. Sometimes it happens that some inputs are connected, but not officially reported by the mainboard software.

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm still trying to find out which inputs are connected and which inputs are not. It seems that VDDG/VDDP is connected on this board. Reason for me to think this is that ZenTimings does list the voltages. Of course this can be a fault, but on another forum I ran into a user who flashed a new beta BIOS for this board and his VDDG voltage suddenly changed from 0,950 to 1.15 volt.

Source (other forum): https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communi...der-user-zu-blauaeugig.1275405/#post-27628017

It's German, but the translation essence is:
Flashed new BETA BIOS. Did not change SOC voltage and suddenly VDDG is on 1.15 volt. Changed the voltage manually to the correct values and then all was OK again.

German is not my native language (It's Dutch) but it seems that it is possible to readout the VDDG/VDDP. Is this something you are able to program into HWiNFO as well ? I might be able to support you with it given the fact that I have the board (duh) and am able to check in Windows or Linux (does lm-sensors work?) what values are reported.

Attachments

• ZenTimings_Screenshot_26628248,4105684.png
    ZenTimings_Screenshot_26628248,4105684.png
    27 KB · Views: 6
Both cLDO VDDP and VDDG are already reported by HWiNFO. But since these values are static (don't change during runtime), it makes no sense to constantly monitor them. They are reported in the main window (under CPU) and not in sensors.

Ah found them. Thanks! Now to check if I can change those. (the BIOS is a bit clunky). The VDDP voltage is at 1.1 volt apparently and that's too high for my liking.

I really hate BIOSes that just assume you want to up voltages to the max level when you enable XMP. That's the main reason that I wanted those readouts. For some reason Asrock B550 BIOS just sets SOC to 1.2 volts when you enable XMP (and apparently VDDP to 1.1 volt). SOC was of course very easy to change after I spotted it on 1.2 volts.

You just cannot blindly trust BIOSes anymore. Change one option and it changes 4 additional options in the background without notification.

Edit: found it ! VDDP is back to 0.95 again. Although the field in the BIOS looks like you cannot change it (it's sort of greyed out), you are actually able to set it. Right. Happy camper here. Thanks again for your fast and informative responses.

Last edited:
Back