Asus EC

maneil99

So normally after installing some drivers the Asus EC sensor normally reenables on its own, this time its not, I'm not sure if I should manually enable it for fears that its instable. Is it really a big deal? Isn't it just because it conflicts with Asus' Ai SUITE II

Yes, sometimes it might conflict with ASUS AI SUITE, but on most systems it should work fine. The other negative effect is that sometimes reading from that sensor might cause a higher system load. But I cannot give you an exact advice, only "try and see"...

Martin said:
Yes, sometimes it might conflict with ASUS AI SUITE, but on most systems it should work fine. The other negative effect is that sometimes reading from that sensor might cause a higher system load. But I cannot give you an exact advice, only "try and see"...

Are we talking huge voltage spikes ect or just higher CPU usage? Like 50 % spikes and stuff

Martin said:
Only occasional CPU usage (or DPC latency) spikes.

What is DPC? And how high are the spikes, just wondering. Also, normally I install HWinfo before I install my Motherboard drivers and the EC Sensor reneables itself. Why didn't that happen this time

Back