Asus Strix Z270G T_Sensor readings

denzcu

Hello I am running a custom watercooling loop and I'd like to monitor the temperature of my coolant with a temperature probe fitting that I have connected to my motherboard's (An ASUS Z270G) T_sensor header. I know that it's supposed to show up under the ASUS EC Sensor title in sensors, but I don't see the ASUS EC Sensors at all. I have the 5.84 version installed, I am using an Asus 1080Ti and an i7 7700. I am also running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB because I wanted to avoid the bloat but I don't know if the problem is associated with the lack of regular feature updates for the LTSB build.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    915.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Report.HTM
    196.2 KB · Views: 2
This is an issue in HWiNFO, it doesn't support all sensors on your mainboard model. I will fix this in the next build.

Martin said:
HWiNFO v5.86 should fix this issue.

I believe that I still have this issue on v5.86; T_sensor is functional accurately and visible in BIOS but does not appear on HWiNFO.
Similar motherboard to user above "Asus Ranger VIII" (8) with a 2 pin thermistor attached directly to motherboard header.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 2
You should see a "T_Sensor1" value under the ASUS EC sensor heading. If not, please check if the reading is disabled or hidden in HWiNFO (sensor settings - layout).

Martin said:
You should see a "T_Sensor1" value under the ASUS EC sensor heading. If not, please check if the reading is disabled or hidden in HWiNFO (sensor settings - layout).

There is nothing in my "Hidden items:" list . I don't actually have an "ASUS EC" heading.
I have re-arranged the layout of my sensors a lot. I do have "ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER (Nuvoton NCT6793D)" that's a Z170 board.
I've been looking through the registry values for the software but I haven't been able to find a temp sensor which I don't recognise.
I recently added the temperature sensor and an unrelated hard drive, which was after I'd significantly rearranged the layout. The hard drive appeared neatly in the middle of the list but the sensor did not. Perhaps there's a row conflict? Or the missing heading means that the "T_Sensor1" is effectively, but not officially, hidden?
I could reset my layout... but it was quite fiddly to do-so and I wouldn't want to lose my efforts for nothing.

I think the problem might have happened due to the re-arrangement. Can you try to do a "Restore Original Order" to see if that heading will appear? If you don't want to loose your existing arrangement, make sure to first do a "Backup User Settings" from the main settings dialog.

Martin said:
I think the problem might have happened due to the re-arrangement. Can you try to do a "Restore Original Order" to see if that heading will appear? If you don't want to loose your existing arrangement, make sure to first do a "Backup User Settings" from the main settings dialog.

I've reset and the "ASUS EC" is now visible, with the T_Sensor1. So, yeah, purely a re-arrangement issue / due to losing the heading where the missing entry should be listed.

Back