Asus Trx40 Zenith II Extreme EC Related Bug

Hi, Martin,

I think there is a misunderstanding, the Software does not crash. It just sits there and the system is basically starting to behave as described.

Hi, I have rest all (Registry / ini) and did this with sensors again, as i also managed to get the issue by just starting and waiting. Based on the last things I see in the log I will update my GFX Driver and see if that changes anything. Screenshot of the hanging Program attached as well.

Attachments

• HWiNFO.png
    HWiNFO.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 5
  • HWiNFO64.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the update. So it looks like this isn't related to sensors and actions like disabling EC or SMBus won't help here.
Might be indeed something related to the graphics driver, but I also noticed something else here - Microsoft Hyper-V is active. This is causing a lot of troubles on many systems, try to disable this if that will help.

This machines needs Hyper-V, which it has been running before the mainboard change as well, it is what this machines does, running a lot of Development VMs. So hyper-V is the breaking point, i can't disable that. I tried again Sensors only, interestingly the UI got stuck at Corsair Link. But that seems to be a side effect only. Deinstalled the Nvidia Drivers, and still the same, so that was not the rootcause too.

Can you try to disable Hyper-V just for a brief test if HWiNFO will freeze then?

Still freezes, seems the freeze in the UI does not necessarily correspond to the LOGs.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64-NoHyperV.zip
    103.1 KB · Views: 1
Indeed, such issue is quite tough to find. You'll probably need to disable options one by one to determine what's causing this..

Back