(AW13 R3) HWinfo fan control loses Fan 3 CustomAuto settings

Spoonman

I'm attempting to use HWinfo64 with an Alenware 13 R3.

When the profiles are setup the fan's work as expected, it picks the laptops fans up as Fan1 and Fan3.  The problem I'm having is sometimes when I close the application (or reboot my laptop) the config for Fan 3 is lost and needs to be setup again.

I've also experienced a weird issue where all the values get filled in with extremely large numbers and I need to manually reset the values in order to get it working again. This only seems to happen for Fan3, Fan1 maintains it's configuration.

If you use custom fan control, you need to keep the HWiNFO sensors window active because this constantly checks for actual temperature and adjusts fan speeds according to that.
Please attach a screenshot of the extreme values so I can check that.

Martin said:
If you use custom fan control, you need to keep the HWiNFO sensors window active because this constantly checks for actual temperature and adjusts fan speeds according to that.

I really only close it manually while trying to troubleshoot/reproduce the aforementioned issue, otherwise it would be on at all times. 

I will upload a SS of the extreme values next time it occurs, it seems random and I have not figured out a means of triggering it.

Spoonman said:
Martin said:

I really only close it manually while trying to troubleshoot/reproduce the aforementioned issue, otherwise it would be on at all times. 

I will upload a SS of the extreme values next time it occurs, it seems random and I have not figured out a means of triggering it.

Have not experienced the extreme value issue since switching the sensors I was monitoring. 

Previously I was monitoring the "DELL EC sensor" CPU/GPU values. Since monitoring this sensor can affect system load I've disabled it and changed to monitoring PCH/CPU sensors.

The most annoying thing at this point would be the Fan settings for the GPU fan get forgotten and need to be input again anytime the program is closed/reopen (or laptop rebooted).

Back