Battery EEPROM

Khenglish

So not really a question about hwinfo64, but how it works.

I am trying to alter a laptop battery EEPROM to reflect the new cells in the battery. I dumped the battery firmware image and have no idea what to alter. I noticed that hwinfo64 can detect the design capacity, current capacity, and wear level. Basically I need to raise the capacity to match that of the new cells (76960 to 100640), reset the wear level to 0, and toy with the current capacity to get 100% to be about 16.8V.

I have attached the EEPROM dump of the P150HM battery, which is being used for the new cells.

Here is the hwinfo64 report for the P150EM battery, which is believe is 100% physically identical to the P105HM battery, but may have a different name in the EEPROM image.

[General Properties]

Device Name:X51
Manufacturer Name:Clevo CO.
Serial Number:
Unique ID:Clevo CO.X51
Chemistry:Lithium Ion
Designed Capacity:76960 mWh
Full Charged Capacity:27720 mWh
Wear Level:64.0 %

[Current Power Status]

Power Status:On AC Power
Current Capacity:27720 mWh (100.0 %)
Current Voltage:14.800 V

So if you could point out to me where the values are in the EEPROM that I want to change, or documentation for the EEPROM image, I would great appreciate it.

Attachments

• battery_image.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 6
Such information is mostly proprietary and vendor-specific. It's passed to the operating system using the ACPI standard, but only for reading.
Internally it's managed by the Embedded Controller in most cases, which is uses a proprietary firmware and it can be very dangerous to play with it.

Martin said:
Such information is mostly proprietary and vendor-specific. It's passed to the operating system using the ACPI standard, but only for reading.
Internally it's managed by the Embedded Controller in most cases, which is uses a proprietary firmware and it can be very dangerous to play with it.

Thank you for the info. Sounds like I'll just have to guess.

Back