Blank names, disappearing sensors & interferring

DeadSix27

So I have a couple question and possible bug's maybe known ones:

As a first note and information, I own a ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z710 and a i7 6700k Skylake.
I do run AI Suite 3 and Corsair Link together with HWInfo 64 Bit Beta 2670

#1 In this image:
l6mWvDo.png

The 2 Bottom values sometimes work show a Name & correct value and sometimes don't,
there are also cases where the entire "EC" category goes weird and only shows 1 Sensor, e.g only the CPU PLL or any other.
Do you have an idea why, how I could fix this and whether its a bug?

#2 In this image:
aWg1Zap.png

Do you know what Temp2-5 is? and whether I should pay attention to those? I am in fact curious what they represent so that I could rename them accordingly.

Sometimes, atleast it seems that way, that HWInfo, Corsair Link and AI Suite 3 are interferring, either all together or HWInfo with Corsair Link, is that known and un-avoid-able? I assumed that's how HWInfo's Corsair Link implementation works, e.g it kind of takes the data from H110i and thus makes Corsair Link unable to access it at the same time. Any info on that?

Thanks for your time and any help/information you can give!

Sorry, but you're doing exactly what you should not - running HWiNFO together with not just AI Suite but Corsair Link software too. When you first launched HWiNFO you got a warning that you shouldn't do that because those sensors are not designed to be read by multiple applications and thus can cause interference. But I suppose you have ignored and dismissed it. That interference can cause reading of invalid values in all tools and if you would perform some changes using Corsair Link (i.e. firmware update), it could result in a malfunction of the device.

The last 2 fans with incorrect names/values is a bug in HWiNFO and I'll fix that in the next build.
As for Temp2-5 if they reach out of scale values they are most probably invalid and come from unused (not connected) sensors.

Martin said:
Sorry, but you're doing exactly what you should not - running HWiNFO together with not just AI Suite but Corsair Link software too. When you first launched HWiNFO you got a warning that you shouldn't do that because those sensors are not designed to be read by multiple applications and thus can cause interference. But I suppose you have ignored and dismissed it. That interference can cause reading of invalid values in all tools and if you would perform some changes using Corsair Link (i.e. firmware update), it could result in a malfunction of the device.

The last 2 fans with incorrect names/values is a bug in HWiNFO and I'll fix that in the next build.
As for Temp2-5 if they reach out of scale values they are most probably invalid and come from unused (not connected) sensors.

OH Was is that EC Sensor warning!? Ye I partly remembered that of my old pc and probably only focused on the part that mentioned high cpu usage, which I didn't rly care about and just skipped it, silly me, is there a way to reset it to show again? Checked INI, theres no value that seems relevant for that (also tried deleting it).

Nvm, found the stuff in registry, also it never mentions AI Suite, nor does it mention that it interferres with other Applications on the EC Sensor, only on the H110i GT, so even if I didnt ignore this message.. see below:

hGLw2iB.png

TlT6Vry.png

Easiest way is to hit "Reset Preferences", but that will cause you to loose all custom settings you made.
Otherwise you'll have to go into registry (using regedit), navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors", then walk through all sensors and if you see a "WarningShow" key there, then delete it (or change from 1 to 0).

Martin said:
Easiest way is to hit "Reset Preferences", but that will cause you to loose all custom settings you made.
Otherwise you'll have to go into registry (using regedit), navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors", then walk through all sensors and if you see a "WarningShow" key there, then delete it (or change from 1 to 0).

Sorry, see my edit of last post

Yes, the EC warning doesn't mention the conflict problem, I'll update it.
But the Corsair warning should be clear.

Martin said:
Yes, the EC warning doesn't mention the conflict problem, I'll update it.
But the Corsair warning should be clear.

Alright, thanks for the heads up :)  Maybe make "Corsair Link" and "AI Suite" a bold-text in the warning message and bigger font to make even warning-skipping-persons like me notice it xD

Yet ill keep running AI Suite, it doesnt seem to cause any big issues except sometimes blank values, which is a rare case and if i start HWInfo before AI Suite it all works fine actually.

(I need AI Suite to be running and also HWInfo...unfortunately)

But I'll disable Corsair Link, in the hope that you figure out the monitoring of the AX 860 i PSU soon ;) Then I dont even need Corsair Link anymore.

Thanks for your time!

Well, since I also had reports that the current warnings have scared some users so much that they better killed and uninstalled HWiNFO, I don't think that bold text is an option :D

Martin said:
Well, since I also had reports that the current warnings have scared some users so much that they better killed and uninstalled HWiNFO, I don't think that bold text is an option :D

Heh, ye, I guess. I wouldnt give up this program that easy, it's the only one I was able to write a good C++ Interface to read the sensors and was "updated" enough to support lot's of sensors. Just perfect to make statistics, graphs and databases of my stuff ;) Who wouldn't love a big chart showing your tempature, wattage and so much more throughout the days and hours etc.

PS: Guess you can change this to solved now. (Unless I have to, didn't see an option for that)

Back