Can not detecting NVIDIA GPU

pnt21509

Hello!
I have ACER laptop using Nvidia GeForce 940MX.
The first day, HW worked great but today I was not able to find the Nvidia GPU, I can not change the OSD.
Screenshot: 
hw2.jpg

Hope to help, thank you!

pnt21509

If the laptop works in 2D mode, to conserve battery apparatus is switched to the built-in CPU graphics with built-in CPU logic disables the discrete graphics card from the bus (architecture IBM PC allows only one video card at any one time), and it is natural that in this case no diagnostic tools can not interrogate her, and the user has a feeling of its invisibility.

VictorVG said:
pnt21509

If the laptop works in 2D mode, to conserve battery apparatus is switched to the built-in CPU graphics with built-in CPU logic disables the discrete graphics card from the bus (architecture IBM PC allows only one video card at any one time), and it is natural that in this case no diagnostic tools can not interrogate her, and the user has a feeling of its invisibility.

I open the Nvidia Control Panel, change the NVIDIA GPU always use.
Now i have seen it, but it would be better if it automatically switches.
Thanks anyway! :)

The way how HWiNFO handles such GPUs is intentional - NVIDIA Optimus technology, which is responsible for disabling the DGPU when not used is designed to reduce power usage.
And thus HWiNFO doesn't make any changes to this behavior - it doesn't change the state of the GPU. It should just recognize it, but all other parameters are not available, because the GPU is physically switched off. Once you put some load on the DGPU, Optimus will enable it and HWiNFO should immediately recognize this and start providing all parameters.
If you still prefer to see all DGPU parameters and don't care about preserving power, you can enable the "Poll Sleeping GPUs" option in HWiNFO. In this case, HWiNFO will wake the DGPU up in each cycle to read parameters.

pnt21509 said:
I open the Nvidia Control Panel, change the NVIDIA GPU always use.
Now i have seen it, but it would be better if it automatically switches.
Thanks anyway! :)

Software bypass switch hardware sources is not possible - is a bidirectional switch with two inputs In1 and In2 and one output ports Out and a set of control state logic devices. He can only be in one of two states - "In1 connected to Out, In2 disabled" or "In2 connected to Out, In1 disabled." Status "In1 and In2 are connected to Out" is not possible for him.

The control logic automatically disables not currently active signal source to eliminate the possibility of interference by energizing it signal the STOP and removing its entry CLOCK serial clock, so even if the configuration records OS be deactivated device is present, to remove the STOP signal and the resumption of feeding the sync pulse it ignores any control signals on the inputs. This translates any synchronous circuit built on MOS/CMOS logic in a sleep mode in which its current consumption is virtually zero, regardless of the supply voltage. With the resumption of feeding clock recovery circuit normal operation takes several tens to hundreds of cycles at high clock speeds of modern circuitry results in a fairly short time interval output from the standby state.

Back