Can't monitor VRM or T-Sensor temperatures

kelstewart

Hi.
I need to monitor my T-Sensor + VRM and this is the only available option. Just wondering if you'll ever make these available in HWINFO64?
Was the same on my previous Rampage VI Extreme motherboard too. Now I have a Maximus XIII and it's still the same. Any suggestions welcome.
Hope you had a great Xmas/New year's.
Cheers, Kel

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    83.1 KB · Views: 8
Monitoring of the entire EC sensor is disabled by user. Press the Ins key over its heading to enable it.

Monitoring of the entire EC sensor is disabled by user. Press the Ins key over its heading to enable it.
Hi Martin.
Just following the warning about these sensors conflicting when starting HWINFO64.
I've noticed in the past when enabling and using these sensors with RTSS/Afterburner, I get a lot of stutter/frame drops in-game/benchmark. If I leave these sensors off when resetting HWINFO64's settings, there is no stutter with RTSS/Afterburner in-game/benchmark.

I have enabled these sensors, and will report back if any issues.

Also, if I upgrade my version of HWINFO64 Pro will I have to buy another key?

Thanks again, Kel

Also, if I upgrade my version of HWINFO64 Pro will I have to buy another key?

That depends on the license you have and when did you purchase. Standard licenses come with 1 year maintenance period which means you can upgrade freely with the same license.
If you're not sure, go into the main settings of HWiNFO -> License Management.

Ok. Thank you.

Re: Shared Memory Support in HWINFO64.
I said there were issues with those sensors, and you told me to enable the entire EC sensor. Why, if they cause issues?
Anyway... they do, so I've disabled them again.
Which brings us back to the start...
I need to monitor my T-Sensor + VRM and this is the only available option. Just wondering if you'll ever make these available in HWINFO64?
Sorry if question seems stupid, but I'm not a tech wizard. A simple answer would suffice.

Those sensors are accessible via EC only. It's ASUS design choice, so I'm not the right person to blame.
I recommended ASUS to switch to a different more reliable method for years...
Try to avoid other monitoring software including ASUS ArmouryCrate and the problems might not occur.

I don't have any ASUS software installed in my system, only RTSS and Afterburner. I use them for overclocking my GPU, and monitoring in-game.
Will there be issues if I enable the ASUS EC sensor, and use only HWINFO64 with RTSS and disable monitoring through Afterburner?
Thanks again.

Hard to say, there should not be problems when not running other monitoring tools. You'll have to try and see...

Hi Martin.

I tried a few scenarios and am getting the same results.

Sensors tested: VRM, PCH, T_Sensor1
Tested using Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, 3DMark.

ASUS EC Enabled:
HWINFO64 Standalone = Unstable
HWINFO64 OSD/Monitoring = Unstable
HWINFO64 + Afterburner OSD/Monitoring = Unstable
Up to 35FPS drops in all scenarios

ASUS EC Disabled:
No FPS drops in any scenario

Also, HWINFO64 is using more CPU when these sensors are enabled.
(See attached)

System Specs:
MOTHERBOARD = Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
GPU = EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper Gaming
CPU = Intel Core i9-10900KF
RAM = G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL17 DDR4 32GB
SSD = Samsung 870 EVO 1TB/4TB
PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 PSU
COOLING = EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 + EK Velocity + PE360 + PE280
FANS = Corsair ML120 x7, Corsair ML140 x4
KEYBOARD = Corsair K70 LUX RGB Mk.2 (Brown Switch)
MOUSE = Corsair Glaive RGB
CONTROLLER = X-Box One
OS = Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Just thought you might find this interesting.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks, Kel

Attachments

• ASUS EC Disabled.PNG
    ASUS EC Disabled.PNG
    872.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ASUS EC Enabled.PNG
    ASUS EC Enabled.PNG
    860.1 KB · Views: 3
Unfortunately what you observe is "by design". Meaning that accessing those sensors has such effect and there's no other way around.
To minimize this effect disable sensor items under the ASUS EC sensor that you don't need and keep only those needed. This won't completely solve the problem, but reduce.

Back