Chassis fan speed sometimes disappears when Windows boots on ASUS B450-I motherboard

e.john

Hello all,

I have HWiNFO monitor set up on Windows 10 with 'Windows desktop gadgets'. Everything works perfectly excepts sometimes when I reboot or turn on my PC the chassis fan speed disappears. I have tried opening and closing HWiNFO but that doesn't' fix it. On some reboots, I manage to get it back but it randomly seems to go away on boots and I am not sure what the issue is.

My PC specs:
- ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- AMD RX 5700 XT
- GSKILL DDR4 x2 8GB 3200
- Kingston A2000 500Gb NVME SSD

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

Is the fan perhaps not spinning at that time? In such case HWiNFO won't show it as it's not possible to know whether it's just momentary not spinning or not present at all.
As soon as the fan starts to spin, it will be shown in the sensors screen.

That makes sense.

Also, I had AiSuite III installed and for some reason, it would prevent HWiNFO from reading the chassis fan speed and motherboard temperature. After uninstalling it the problem went away. Would it be possible to allow both software to co-exist?

Well, I'm afraid, but AI Suite is not a very friendly software, so that probably won't work. I've tried several times to convince ASUS to improve it for better cooperation, but no luck yet.

Back