Detecting CPU #0 Freeze

Jameth13

Hi,

Trying to use HWiNFO64. Program freezes on "Detecting CPU #0" and then crashes.
I've tried versions  5.85-3460, 5.85, 5.84, and 5.82. All with the same result.
CPU is an i7-7820X. Windows 10 x64.
I've tried disabling HPET and SW SMI (because I read that somewhere), didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated,
James

UPDATE: I've tried running HWiNFO in debug mode. It now hangs on "Analyzing Devices..."
I noticed that the longer I left the program frozen before force closing it, the larger the debug log. So I left it for 10 minutes.
Hopefully, someone can see something useful in the log.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    698.6 KB · Views: 2
Something is blocking HWiNFO access to SMBus.
You seem to have some Corsair devices, are you perhaps running the Corsair Link software too?
If yes, try to run HWiNFO without that.

Martin said:
Something is blocking HWiNFO access to SMBus.
You seem to have some Corsair devices, are you perhaps running the Corsair Link software too?
If yes, try to run HWiNFO without that.

I shut down a few programs I had running in the background and it works great now.
Thank you!

Sorry to necro this thread, but I've run into the same issue. I'm 99% sure that something in Bitdefender 2019 is causing the issue since it was working fine before I upgraded from the 2018 edition, but I can't figure out exactly what in it is blocking HWiNFO since it doesn't really seem vastly different from the previous version, and turning off everything that I can from within Bitdefender didn't help. Hopefully something in the debug file can shine a light on it.

*edit* helps if I attach the file...

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    459.5 KB · Views: 4
It seems there's still some problem with access to SMBus and some system component is blocking it, which causes very large delays when HWiNFO tries to access it.
I'm not sure that Bitdefender would be doing this, can you check if you have any other system monitoring tools running?

Martin said:
It seems there's still some problem with access to SMBus and some system component is blocking it, which causes very large delays when HWiNFO tries to access it.
I'm not sure that Bitdefender would be doing this, can you check if you have any other system monitoring tools running?

Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried running it again and it actually got further this time. It asked me to disable the monitoring of one of the sensors related to the Asus motherboard, although it didn't say exactly which one. It seems to be running fine now with that disabled. I'm only using it to monitor my graphics card anyway, so that's fine for now. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. HWiNFO has probably asked if you want to disable monitoring of the ASUS Embedded Controller sensor. It would be quite strange if disabling this would fix the problem, I'd rather say that something else has unblocked SMBus access on your system if it does start now well.

Back