Disable Tray

What for? ;) She is sitting there quietly, no one prevents and controls the serviceability of equipment, and only if the fault reports about problems. You do that because of her problems? If yes, then it is likely to blame for brand monitoring programs such as those that come with the ASUS or the MSI motherboard - now they just often been the cause of failure is not only OS, but also the hardware - for the time the service engineer, I have repeatedly met with the results of their abusive.

VictorVG said:
What for? ;)  She is sitting there quietly, no one prevents and controls the serviceability of equipment, and only if the fault reports about problems. You do that because of her problems? If yes, then it is likely to blame for brand monitoring programs such as those that come with the ASUS or the MSI motherboard - now they just often been the cause of failure is not only OS, but also the hardware - for the time the service engineer, I have repeatedly met with the results of their abusive.

I find it annoying to have to reach all the way to the bottom right hand corner of my screen, clicking multiple times to try to open up Hwinfo again.

A display set up in the system tray program difficult? :) Or from Microsoft entered the command "Do not think!". :D

VictorVG said:
A display set up in the system tray program difficult? :)  Or from Microsoft entered the command "Do not think!". :D

Don't even know what you're saying.

Can what I ask be done or not?

Depends on the settings you have used in HWiNFO and how would you like to run HWiNFO. Without those details I don't know what to suggest.
Right-clicking the tray icon will bring you the settings which you can change the way you prefer.

Martin said:
Depends on the settings you have used in HWiNFO and how would you like to run HWiNFO. Without those details I don't know what to suggest.
Right-clicking the tray icon will bring you the settings which you can change the way you prefer.

I don't see a setting for changing the behavior I described though. The Hwinfo install I have right now is basically vanilla, no changes.

Hmm, with default settings it doesn't minimize into tray so something must have changed there...
If you right-click the tray icon choose Settings, then in the first tab make sure to disable options that Minimize it. Then quit HWiNFO and start again.
If there are still problems, attaching a few screenshots of your settings would be helpful to determine what's going on there.

If it makes a difference, I always select to view sensors only.

I right clicked the icon in the tray and got this:
http://i.imgur.com/4GpvGNx.png

I could not see an option that changes how it behaves when I click minimize.

For good measure, I deleted the ini file next to the install, but nothing changed.

Wait.. so your problem is only when you click the Minimize button ? I thought that the problem is that HWiNFO does automatically minimize upon start.
There's the Minimize Sensors instead of closing" option for that.

Martin said:
Wait.. so your problem is only when you click the Minimize button ? I thought that the problem is that HWiNFO does automatically minimize upon start.
There's the Minimize Sensors instead of closing" option for that.

My problem is that when I click the dash next to the square and the X to minimize the program to the task bar, the program goes to the tray instead. The behaviour of most Windows applications is such that when one presses minimize, the program is minimized and the icon on the task bar remains. Instead, with HWinfo the icon disappears and the program turns into an icon on the tray in the bottom right hand corner.

I checked the option you suggested but I see that nothing has changed. It continues to go to the tray after I press 'minimize'.

OK, now I see exactly what's the problem.
My proposed change is that when "Minimize Sensors instead of closing" is enabled, close buttons will put the application into tray, however when you click the minimize dash, it will just minimize the application instead of going into tray icon. Would this be OK ?

Martin said:
My proposed change is that when "Minimize Sensors instead of closing" is enabled, close buttons will put the application into tray, however when you click the minimize dash, it will just minimize the application instead of going into tray icon. Would this be OK ?

I think your proposed change is solid. I think the best option would be like a few programs I vaguely recall seeing in my Windows XP days. 

awm_screenshot_large.gif

I'm not sure if that's possible/practical in Windows 10 though.

Yes, that would be another option. I'll check that...
The way it currently works has been requested by a lot of users. Many similar tools that are used to monitor systems and are expected to be running most of the time work this way...

this helped me thanks

Back