HWiNFO closing when mousing over in tray after gaming session

Hello,

I keep HWiNFO minimized to the tray and open it as I need, but it is set to auto start with windows minimized to the tray, so it is always running and available when I need it.

When I am gaming I am always in VR as I play flight simulators. Since I can't see my monitor to keep an eye on performance while I am in VR, I like to pull up HWiNFO after a gaming session and check my average/max values of certain parameters, mainly temperatures.

I recently updated HWiNFO to the latest version. Ever since that update, HWiNFO auto starts minimized to the tray like it always has and I can interact with it fine, until I start gaming in VR. Since the update, when I am finished gaming and I want to go to HWiNFO to check my temperatures from when I was in VR, once I mouse over HWiNFO in the tray, it immediately closes before I can even click on it.

I updated to the available beta version to see if there was a fix with no luck.

Thanks

Please provide the HWiNFO Debug File of that situation so I can analyze the details.

Please provide the HWiNFO Debug File of that situation so I can analyze the details.
I have HWiNFO running in debug mode now. Once it closes again I will upload the debug file here.

Thanks

I have the debug file now. I tried attaching it to this post but it says the file is too large for the server to process.

How large is it? You could try some free sharing service like Dropbox or similar.

I don't see anything wrong in the data besides unexpected termination. So it might also be something else terminating HWiNFO, maybe Windows Event Viewer tells something more..
You could also try to upgrade to the latest HWiNFO Beta version 7.81.

I don't see anything wrong in the data besides unexpected termination. So it might also be something else terminating HWiNFO, maybe Windows Event Viewer tells something more..
You could also try to upgrade to the latest HWiNFO Beta version 7.81.
This event was in between two HWiNFO errors in the event viewer.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
Back