Effective Clock Missing from V6.14

Ramone78

When I opened up HWInfo64 today I noticed the Effective Clock listings weren't there anymore. I re downloaded V6.14 and still wasn't there. Also looked if it was hidden somehow but even after restoring defaults it isn't there. I have an 9900kf, not sure if that makes a difference or not. This isn't a huge deal, but I figured I'd ask.

Thank you.

You will need to attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis, only then I can determine why it is not shown.

I just downloaded V6.20 and the sensors are gone again, I am unsure as to why. Here is the bug report you requested and sorry for double posting.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    717.9 KB · Views: 1
I just downloaded V6.20 and the sensors are gone again, I am unsure as to why. Here is the bug report you requested and sorry for double posting.

Looks like something in the system might be messing up with performance counters. Are you perhaps running any other monitoring tool?

Looks like something in the system might be messing up with performance counters. Are you perhaps running any other monitoring tool?

Hm, I have afterburner running in the backround to control my GPU fan curve (literally all I use it for) and I have hwmonitor on my computer but it isn't running and it is the portable version. I've had MSI Afterburner running the whole time and HWinfo showed the sensors before. I just closed Afterburner and restarted HWinfo, the sensors don't show, not even when I look at the layout settings. The sensors showed on 6.13 and 6.14. but when I booted up my PC on sunday and started HWinfo 6.14, the sensors weren't there anymore. I reset the settings, they showed up and I closed the software. I hadn't used HWinfo again till today and the sensors weren't there. I downloaded V6.20 and they still were missing. I also tried resetting everything but sadly nothing.

I hope I didn't mess something up.

This time it seems to be some different issue, not to be solved via resetting settings. The internal CPU counters are stuck or they are disabled and cannot be enabled (some security?).
I'm not sure yet why this happens, but to analyze this I will need you to run HWiNFO two times: First run, close, copy the Debug File somewhere. Then run again, close. Please attach the 2 Debug File created.

Alright, hope I did this correctly. I did a restore from a System Image recently to fix a couple of driver issues. Would restoring using a System Image have done something?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    719.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you. This confirms my assumptions that something in the system is not allowing enabling counters.
I don't think this could be caused by system restore, but some security or virtualization feature.

Hm, possibly a stupid question, but could it be Avast doing it? It updated recently.

Or is it maybe Intel's firmware? Recently for some windows updates there were some Intel updates given. Other than those 2 things I haven't made any changes to the system at all. I wish I could remember if I had this problem before the updates but I am not sure.

I'm really not sure, but it might rather be some of the Intel updates.

Alright thank you very much. I'm just glad it isn't something I did, but rather an update from something, be that Intel or something else. I wonder if other's are experiencing this problem with their Intel chips, I assume AMD is likely unaffected.

Hopefully somehow this can be fixed in the near future, thank you again.

Back