IMPORTANT Explaining the AMD Ryzen "Power Reporting Deviation" -metric in HWiNFO

Thank you! So I cannot get HWinfo 64 bit to work on my 64 bit windows 10 pc (a bunch of the clocks just have red x's and power deviation is not there). However loading the 32bit version works fine (running cinebench shows my max deviation is 95% yay). I assume i can trust the readings even if I am using the 32 bit version on a 64bit windows 10 pc?

So, my average Power Reporting Deviation is 150%~ while running Cinebench R20. I'm running the 3900X on ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard, and the CPU has always run hot at idle on this motherboard, so I set it to 1.3v vcore and 4.275GHz all core, and now it idles at 32c and never goes above 65c at full load (Enermax LiqMax III 360 AIO). When before, with stock settings, it'd hit 45-50c idle and 75-85c at full load.

Scored 7447 on my last run and the lowest DRP value was around 147%. So, I'm running with too little power?

Something I want to try is to remove the overclock and just set an offset for the vcore to bring it down to an average of 1.3v. Because at idle, the vcore would typically hover at around 1.45, and that's just insanely too high. Then I think this CPU would be more in line with what it's supposed to be, and I'd still get those high single core boosts without the ridiculously high vcore and temps at idle.

Screenshot_171.png

Last edited:
Thank you! So I cannot get HWinfo 64 bit to work on my 64 bit windows 10 pc (a bunch of the clocks just have red x's and power deviation is not there). However loading the 32bit version works fine (running cinebench shows my max deviation is 95% yay). I assume i can trust the readings even if I am using the 32 bit version on a 64bit windows 10 pc?

Try to completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO64.

Hello!

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming (BIOS version: 1407, the latest)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Everything is on factory value (D.O.C.P. is enabled, but no OC or something).

The current value was during the test between 104-107%. Is it accaptable? If no, what I need to change in BIOS (I don't have experience in the field). The temperature of CPU was between 59-61 °C with Noctua NH-U12A (the temp in my room is about 24 °C).
On idle was the PRD 454%. This is not problem?

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Ryzen_7_3700X_ASUS-ROG_Strix_X570-F_Gaming.png
    Ryzen_7_3700X_ASUS-ROG_Strix_X570-F_Gaming.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max is showing 150% - 160% deviation with Ryzen 3600 under lite load. Under stress test it shows 89% - 94%. I did not change anything in BIOS except XMP profile, PBO is set to auto, power plan is AMD Ryzen Balanced, latest version of bios 7B86vH6. What can I do to make my power deviation to drop when in lite load? Does 150% - 160% power deviation make my cpu hot?
I have the same motherboard with the same bios version with the same cpu as you.
With nothing overclocked, not even pbo, but with xmp at 3600 mhz and tightened 1usmus ram timings, while running cinebench r20 I get 101% deviation which is very close to perfect.

I have the same motherboard with the same bios version with the same cpu as you.
With nothing overclocked, not even pbo, but with xmp at 3600 mhz and tightened 1usmus ram timings, while running cinebench r20 I get 101% deviation which is very close to perfect.

I am curious, I have a Ryzen 5-3600 W stock cooler and a ASUS B450 Plus gaming mobo. In the Bios, my CPU Voltage shows 1.449 and temp around 54 degrees. However from the desktop with HWInfo or Ryzen Master the "Idle" temp is 38-40 degrees and voltages at 1.0 or lower. Why is my bios showing a much higher temp and voltage than idle at desktop? Is the bios voltage & temp reading supposed to be that high? all CPU voltage options are at auto, PBO is off

I am curious, I have a Ryzen 5-3600 W stock cooler and a ASUS B450 Plus gaming mobo. In the Bios, my CPU Voltage shows 1.449 and temp around 54 degrees. However from the desktop with HWInfo or Ryzen Master the "Idle" temp is 38-40 degrees and voltages at 1.0 or lower. Why is my bios showing a much higher temp and voltage than idle at desktop? Is the bios voltage & temp reading supposed to be that high? all CPU voltage options are at auto, PBO is off

BIOSes usually don't support all power management technologies that put the CPU into lower power states.

BIOSes usually don't support all power management technologies that put the CPU into lower power states.

Hi Martin, thank you! I just want to say I appreciate your quick responses and hwinfo itself to give us users the tools to check what these mobo companies are doing / trying to get away with in terms of misrepresenting how they are running these cpus. Im not a power pc user and I just want to game at stock settings without worrying my mobo is upping voltage/heat where I don't want it. I am at least happy in my case that my ASUS board seems to be running as it should (95% deviation in Cinebench).

Okay, so updating from 1407 to 1409 BIOS for ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard with the 3900X seems to have stabilized this to hover at exactly 100% PRD during Cinebench R20 on stock (Auto) BIOS settings. But my Cinebench score has also dropped from 7447 to 6926. Going to try tweaking some things with Ryzen Master for testing to get my performance back up a bit.

Okay, so updating from 1407 to 1409 BIOS for ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard with the 3900X seems to have stabilized this to hover at exactly 100% PRD during Cinebench R20 on stock (Auto) BIOS settings. But my Cinebench score has also dropped from 7447 to 6926. Going to try tweaking some things with Ryzen Master for testing to get my performance back up a bit.
same here...same mobo im still on 1408 though

Back