Fan Control Alienware 15 R2

Sopey

I have an Alienware 15 R2. The newest beta of HWiNFO64 works great controlling the fan speed but I am looking for a way to smooth out the fan curve. The default fan profiles for the computer increase and decrease the fan speed smoothly, however, HWiNFO increases fan speed in steps. Is there a way to change spin-up time so the fans don't jump so quickly between RPM's. Ex: If my CPU changes from 50C to 60C the fans will instantly jump from 3000 RPM to 4000 RPM instead of gradually increasing. Thank you for any help.

Martin said:
I'm sorry, there's no such option possible.

Would it be possible in the future to add more steps to the fan curve? I know that right now there are 6 temperature steps that can be set to any speed. Would you ever be able to add extra steps, such as 9 or 10, in the future? Also, is there any way to get installer versions of beta updates? I can only find portable versions of the beta.

I'll put that into my (long) to-do list ;)
There's no installer for the Beta version, but you can easily upgrade - just extract the zip package into the folder where you installed HWiNFO.

Martin said:
I'll put that into my (long) to-do list ;)
There's no installer for the Beta version, but you can easily upgrade - just extract the zip package into the folder where you installed HWiNFO.

Sounds good :)  Thank you for the response and for considering the request. And thanks for the install info, I'll try that.

Ok I have one more question related to the fans. If I have the driver set to persistent do I still need to have the program running to control fan speed? Or if I save settings and close the program should the HWiNFO fan profile still control the fans?

Back