Fan Settings Missing

I am using the latest version of HwINFOx64 on my Alienware 13 R2 and I do not have a fan option within the sensor tab of the Hw program. Upon reading some other users responses who have had similar problems, I have come to believe it is because my device is not yet supported, would it be possible for my device to be added so I can access and control my system fans?

Martin said:
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and I'll check this.

I saw the thing that was pinned to the Bug reports, sorry, I thought that was for crashes, Ill upload it in a min thx for responding so quickly though

Yes, that's the file. But it's cut - have you let the scan finish to end (+opened sensors) and then closed HWiNFO so it's complete ?

Martin said:
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and I'll check this.

It keeps saying that hat attachment type is not supported, it is on my desktop as "DESKTOP-SK047FI" could you possibly instruct me as to what file I should be uploading

Martin said:
Yes, that's the file. But it's cut - have you let the scan finish to end (+opened sensors) and then closed HWiNFO so it's complete ?

I think I am doing something wrong, would it be possible to get the "special" persons tutorial to this?

If you cannot upload the file here, please compress it using something (Win ZIP, RAR, 7zip) before attaching.

Thanks, but that's the report file.
OK, so let's try this way. Please run this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_537_2986.zip
It might recognize the fans, but it probably won't work properly.
So I'd need a Debug File from this version - the file is called HWiNFO64.DBG. If you're not sure how to create it, please see here: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report
Also please make sure to open the sensors window while running in Debug Mode. Then close HWiNFO and either attach the new Debug File here, or post somewhere else so I can download it.

Martin said:
Thanks, but that's the report file.
OK, so let's try this way. Please run this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_537_2986.zip
It might recognize the fans, but it probably won't work properly.
So I'd need a Debug File from this version - the file is called HWiNFO64.DBG. If you're not sure how to create it, please see here: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report
Also please make sure to open the sensors window while running in Debug Mode. Then close HWiNFO and either attach the new Debug File here, or post somewhere else so I can download it.

I am nearly 99.9% convinced this is the one

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    609.4 KB · Views: 3
Yes, that's the file! :)
But please create another one using the new Beta build (2986) I posted here.

Martin said:
Yes, that's the file! :)
But please create another one using the new Beta build (2986) I posted here.

Ok, so I tried that build and I finally am able to find these DBG files, that build is close it has a fan icon at the bottom but it just crashes the program when clicked on.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    660.8 KB · Views: 1
Martin said:
Thanks, that gave me some of the information required, but I'm still not 100% sure about this model. How many fans does it have?
Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_537_2987.zip
and let me know if/how it works.

I think I have maybe two fans? I have not the remotest clue. I'll try that setup now ( just so you know I just realized we are in completely different time zones as of this message it is 10:55 where I live (EST)

thedukeanator13 said:
just so you know I just realized we are in completely different time zones as of this message it is 10:55 where I live (EST)

Yes, we are ;) Here it's 5:03pm (or 17:03) right now.

I actually get a working interface when clicking on the fan icon now! I haven't tried using it just yet as I am currently in class but it appears to be working! :) So I'll tell you in a few hours if it works, but thanks for all the help and the program is great!

Now I swear what are the chances! I wanted to get my fans for my Alienware 13 R2 controlled and I find this! :)

I believe there are two fans in it. I think this model is an Australian release model, well mine is :)

Watching this keenly.

Not tried it yet. Was waiting to hear back from OP :)
I just installed your latest none beta version off the website and no fan control.
Sound I try that new beta you linked before?

Back