Fan speed and other issues gtx 260 1792mb

Hi there, i recently downloaded the newest version of hwinfo32 8.55 and i believe the fan speeds are reading incorrectly and sometimes it just drops to 0 rpms from 591, which i know is a false RPM because with previous versions @ %40 the speed was into the 900rpm area. Also, the GPU VCC reading drops to 0 from 3.304v. Here is a screen shot i took this morning:

hwinfo32bug.jpg

only managed to capture the fan speed dropping to 0, but everything under the Analog Devices menu do it too. I'm just wondering if this is an actual bug or if my GPU is messing up.

Thank you for your time.

*EDIT*

sorry about the crappy pic. damn photobucket resized it >.<

**EDIT**

Downloaded the new beta, fan speeds now read really high...lol 2300+ rpms at %65 which i think is wrong also.

Can you please create a Report File + Debug File (including Sensor data) using the latest Beta and attach them both? I need more details in order to analyse this.
Do you have any other monitoring tools running in parallel?
In the new Beta you used, do the fan speeds (and other values) drop to 0 as well?

Here is the report + debug file you requested. I was running nvidia system monitoring software while i was running sensors (stupid me) and that seems to be the reason the values were dropping to 0. I turned that off and ran it again and the values don't drop. However the GPU fan rpm's still seem a little high so i'm going to post my report anyways in hopes that it will help. Again, thank you for your time and your dedication to this program, we all appreciate it.

Attachments

• Report + Debug File (BoomSquiggy).rar
    99.1 KB · Views: 77
There was probably a race condition/collision between HWiNFO32 and nVidia monitor.
Do you know what should be the correct fan speed approximately? Any other software reporting the correct speed?

Boomsquiggy said:
Here is the report + debug file you requested. I was running nvidia system monitoring software while i was running sensors (stupid me) and that seems to be the reason the values were dropping to 0. I turned that off and ran it again and the values don't drop. However the GPU fan rpm's still seem a little high so i'm going to post my report anyways in hopes that it will help. Again, thank you for your time and your dedication to this program, we all appreciate it.

i wanna say 1600rpms, but after an hour of searching the web i can't find a definitive answer on what the max actually is. I dont have any other programs that tell me exact rpm's. Nvidia just show's a percentage and right now i have it set to %72 which hwinfo reports as like 2300rpms, it just seems a little high considering how quiet the system is.

Some GPUs seem to have invalid fan divisors configured and require individual patching.
If I would add this patch for your GPU, it would report exactly half of that value. I guess that might be ok?

yea that would sound about right. My main concern was the values dropping to 0 but that was nvidia sys mon. As long as the heat sensors are correct (which they seem to be) i'm good with that.

thank you for your time.

Ok, I'll do this patch. It will be available in the next Beta release scheduled for tomorrow.

Back