Freezing when examining ATA/SCSI drives

raptor123

It's freezing when examining ATA/SCSI drives and the task cannot be ended in Task Manager. I suspect the Intel VROC is causing issues. I have tried disabling ATA statistics support, SMART support, and CSMI SAS support with the same results. Note, I do not need VROC info so if there's any way to get this working without it, that is fine too. Log is attached; thanks in advance.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    7 bytes · Views: 1
That file doesn't seem correct. Please start HWiNFO again in Debug Mode and let it perform full scan until it freezes. Then restart and grab the file from previous run.

Sorry, please see attached. I was able to get the program to run by "disabling drive scan". However, I need the M.2 drive SMART information.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Thanks. I'm analyzing this... Could you please also attach the HWiNFO Report File?

Thanks for helping with this Martin. With the new version, it seems to be hanging at "detecting CPU #1". I let it run about 5 minutes before rebooting. This is using debug mode. I'm unable to get a report file. I have to reboot when the program hangs, then when I'm back in the OS I don't see the file. I also was unable to get a debug file with this version. After I rebooted the debug file was 0 bytes.

The Debug File will be important to retrieve. It might show 0 bytes long, but when you attempt to open it, the system might update it to show correct size.

I disabled the drive scan and was able to run the report and get the debug file.

Attachments

• files.zip
    325.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. That might indicate there's still some issue with the VROC scan and the last fix didn't fix it completely.
Can you please try again to run with Drive Scan enabled and gather a new DBG file after crash? Make sure to also have the "Debug Write Direct" option enabled.

That version is working. It does show a "dummy device" under drives, which I assume is the VROC. That is not a problem for me right now, just thought I'd mention it. Thanks so much for your quick help on this.

Yes, that's most likely one of the storage devices that can't be enumerated further.
A new Report File might be useful for my reference, there are some other things that might need improvement on the Ice Lake-SP system.

New report attached. Do you think it would be possible to get the VROC drive temperatures sometime in the future? Again, not needed now, I'm just thinking down the road.

Attachments

• report.HTM
    1 MB · Views: 1
Thanks. Those VROC details are Intel proprietary, if I'll be able to get that information sometime, I will add it.

Back